Mants786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi there, I am an A2 Sociology student preparing for the summer exams. What blows my mind is the shockingly low grade boundaries for A Level Sociology.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

This is a link to the grade boundaries from June 2013 AQA sociology paper (may have to scroll down)

You'll see that it only takes 43 marks out of 60 to get an A in beliefs (Unit 3). How can it be that low, this is just above 70% which is just about a B in the majority of other subjects.

Furthermore, in Unit 4 - Crime and Deviance, it takes only 56 marks out of 90 to get an A. How on Earth is this possible as this is just of 60% (2 marks over). It is just about a C for all other subjects.

To the point, how reliable is this source and why are they so low? Not complaining because I dont wanna get my hopes up but is this too good to be true? What are the chances of this being similar boundaries to this years paper? If it is, I dont think i'll commit to revising as hard and can prioritize my other subjects. Im going for an A and only need 2 B's after I got a good A at AS.

Can anyone look into this for me please, thanks in advance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (74)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.75%

Watched Threads