A-Level History Coursework HIS4X (AQA) Watch

NathS85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey!

I'm new here so please excuse me if this question is being asked in the wrong thread!

Basically, I've opted to study the causes of the French Revolution with the essay title:

Within the context of the period 1661 to 1789, to what extent was the outbreak of revolution in France in 1789 the result of long-term political factors?

I've spent the last few weeks reading William Doyle, Francois Furet & Lefebvre etc, so I have an OK grasp of the period. I'm going to argue that Political factors were the most important cause of Revolution.

I need some points to argue, so I was going to look at:

1. The decline of absolutism (How Louis XIV consolidated power, but his successors dropped the ball.)
2. The relationship between the kings and parlements (Intendants/Venal offices and inability to reform by the 1780s)
3. Foreign policy, war debt and financial crisis (How foreign policy and hunt for glory cripple finances)

Does this sound ok, and could anyone help me expand on this? Is anyone else studying the causes of the Revolution? I've never had to write a 3,500-4,000 word history essay before and am pulling my hair out a bit. I really struggle with essay structure.

Thank you.
Askme1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi
I am also attempting to write an essay on that same question,
wondering if you had any pointers or advice on which route to take as I was going to argue that it wasn't the result of long term political factors.
Also any advice on historiography would be really appreciated or any good books to read that will aid me in this essay.
benb00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Out of curiosity what grade did you get in the end on your coursework?Also can you link me to any resources you used- that would be so helpful! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (94)
17.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (76)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.27%
How can I be the best version of myself? (158)
30.04%

Watched Threads