The Student Room Group

LLB in Scotland - How does that system work?

Hi.
So I'm from Germany and that's why that question may seem a little bit stupid to you:biggrin:
If I study Law at the University of Strathclyde for four years, do I have to do any further study to become a lawyer?
And where could I work with a Scottish Law degree? I do not want to restrict my options in other countries so would I have the possibility to work in other parts of the UK or even in the U.S. or is that degree simply not compatible?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
You would then need to talk a Diploma in Legal Practice and undergo a traineeship to qualify as a lawyer. Scots solicitors can only practice in Scotland although it is possible to qualify in other jurisdictions after that relatively easily. Strathclyde are launching a dual qualifying Scottish and English law degree this year which would allow you at the end to do a Legal Practice course in England and qualifying as an English lawyer
Reply 2
Original post by redmices
You would then need to talk a Diploma in Legal Practice and undergo a traineeship to qualify as a lawyer. Scots solicitors can only practice in Scotland although it is possible to qualify in other jurisdictions after that relatively easily. Strathclyde are launching a dual qualifying Scottish and English law degree this year which would allow you at the end to do a Legal Practice course in England and qualifying as an English lawyer

Sorry, since I did not get a notification I could not read your post before today.

Thank you anyway. I think that's not an option for me as an EU student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending