The Student Room Group

How many miles before getting bored of your car?

Just realised I've done 13 k miles in the 8 months since I brought my car and it is still a pleasure to drive :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bare miles.
Never really got bored of a car i'm still excited that i'm allowed to drive 4.5 years after passing my test:P
Reply 3
Within a few months I always get bored and end up getting a more powerful car.
5 to be precise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Repmobiles and usual hire cars less than a week of use.

More exciting cars a year or two max.
I would never get bored with a passat :rolleyes:
Original post by The Jargen

I thought I would be like this, but it hasn't bored me yet. True the straight line performance doesn't thrill me as much as it used to, but going fast round bends and country roads never gets boring
Reply 8
Varies.
Between a month and 3 months but I've had a heck of a lot more cars than most people.

There have been very few cars I've enjoyed enough to keep past the 1 year point and I've always had other stuff at the same time anyway.

Biggest surprise: '76 TR7 coupe. Really good little car and I'd have another.

Biggest disappointment: 2001 BMW 728i. Couldn't get comfortable in it and it had a lot of mechanical issues. So many that I actually returned the car - first time I've ever felt I had to do that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JC.
Varies.
Between a month and 3 months but I've had a heck of a lot more cars than most people.

There have been very few cars I've enjoyed enough to keep past the 1 year point and I've always had other stuff at the same time anyway.

Biggest disappointment: 2001 BMW 728i. Couldn't get comfortable in it and it had a lot of mechanical issues. So many that I actually returned the car - first time I've ever felt I had to do that.

I'm quite shocked to hear that the 728 was that bad. I'm quite tempted to sell the Passat and buy a 7. Would love to waft around in a big luxury barge, especially now I've switched jobs and slashed my mileage.

What's the best and worst cars you've had for cornering ?
Reply 10
Had my first car for 5 months and done 800 miles and bored of it. Think I need to drive more lol
Original post by The Jargen

What do you have now?
Reply 12
The fact it took me like two years to learn to drive and pass my test means I genuinely never feel bored of driving. Although I do miss having people pick me up from work after been on my feet for ten hours, the half hour drive home is just killer afterwards.
Original post by DotDotCurve
What do you have now?

Saab 9-3 2.8 aero.
Original post by H0ls
The fact it took me like two years to learn to drive and pass my test means I genuinely never feel bored of driving. Although I do miss having people pick me up from work after been on my feet for ten hours, the half hour drive home is just killer afterwards.

That's nothing, you should try driving home after a hefty workout at the gym.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

Thankfully i'm just 10 mins up the road, but I have mates having to drive close to an hour through town afterwards.
I've done 21,000 in my current car, had it for 8 months. Still not bored, in terms of power I'm used, in terms of bored, I can never be bored of driving, unless on a motorway!!!
Reply 17
Original post by Sgt.Incontro

I work quite a strenuous job with only a half hour/fourty five minute break sometimes, so it does feel like hard work haha
Reply 18
I only passed my test in November (51 days after my 16th birthday :wink: ) and the only driving I don't enjoy and find boring is rush hour traffic on the way home from sixth form when it's single lane and the lights let four cars go at a time :frown:

I'm in a 1.2 2012 KA and I'm not bored of it! Or driving, though I doubt I ever will be...

Though I am looking at Scirocco's for my second car :biggrin:
Original post by JC.
Varies.

How do you work the insurance when you flit from one car to another?

Quick Reply

Latest