The Student Room Group

professional gambler

Does anyone here work as or know anyone who works as a professional gambler? Kind of find it interesting when people actually do this to make money.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Does anyone here work as or know anyone who works as a professional gambler? Kind of find it interesting when people actually do this to make money.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=1151359
Reply 2
It's a long and painstaking job.

Don't do it.
Reply 3
Well, my parents have a friend who has just been headhunted and employed by Goldman Sachs after recording amazing profits trading on the market for BP. So I suppose he's a professional gambler :wink:

However, he also came up with an algorithm to help determine the best time to buy/sell gas (to a point) as a part of his double masters degree, part of which involved pure maths...
Original post by 0mgJohn
Well, my parents have a friend who has just been headhunted and employed by Goldman Sachs after recording amazing profits trading on the market for BP. So I suppose he's a professional gambler :wink:

However, he also came up with an algorithm to help determine the best time to buy/sell gas (to a point) as a part of his double masters degree, part of which involved pure maths...

Algo traders aren't gamblers :tongue:
I play poker for cash on the side but it's definitely not enough to make a living off of.
i make about £20-30k a year at uni, work 1 day a week and 2 days in weekends

( made over £40kin slightly over 2 years)

mind you thats tax free so more like £26k-£27k
Reply 7
Gambling for a living is extremely intense and hard to do. Anytime you win a $ in a poker game, someone else loses. But you probably know that, sorry for moralizing. :P
Original post by adambolt
Gambling for a living is extremely intense and hard to do. Anytime you win a $ in a poker game, someone else loses. But you probably know that, sorry for moralizing. :P

i dont play poker...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending