The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Someone answer a quick question I have please?

Basically, Hertfordshire as a whole is very appealing to mee. Although, two things concern me which are the nights out (social side) and the state of college lane accomodation (where I will be studying). Is it easy to get accomodation in De Havliand campus if your subject is Computer Science? I really don't like the accomodation on college lane it just seems so dirty (no offence to you guys if you're living there lol).
Reply 1
Original post by StephenJames93
Basically, Hertfordshire as a whole is very appealing to mee. Although, two things concern me which are the nights out (social side) and the state of college lane accomodation (where I will be studying). Is it easy to get accomodation in De Havliand campus if your subject is Computer Science? I really don't like the accomodation on college lane it just seems so dirty (no offence to you guys if you're living there lol).

It's as social as you make it, there's three local clubs, the Forum (quite underrated), and then Watford Oceana and Batchwood. There are others that people go to, but those three are the top ones really. You can go to St Albans for pub crawls, or there's clubs there. You could join a few societies for non-clubbing nights though too.

It doesn't matter what you study, your course isn't taken into account when they give accommodation offers. You have to put multiple choices down for which one you want, so you can put De Hav as your top one, and you'll probably be likely to get it, though it can't be guaranteed.

They are building new accommodation on College Lane, 700 new bedrooms will be available this September, so that's brand new ensuite accommodation you can apply for. But I'm guessing this will probably be quite popular, as well as the new most expensive digs. They're actually redoing a lot of the college lane accommodation, I think the plan is that within a few years, only Telford court will remain of the old halls.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I personally don't live in halls, I commuted my first year, but I have a friends who have lived in broad hall and butler hall. Its not actually too bad, as long as you keep it clean it will be fine, it mainly just looks old. The de hav accommodation is a lot nicer, and newer, but also far more expensive. In a way its sort of a case of you get what you pay for, but you will probably find you spend most of your time in the LRC or forum!
As for nights out, the previous person explained that better, but saint albans isn't far away, and that is brilliant for good pubs to go to, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending