M/C City - 9
Draws - 6

Tickets for this fixtures are now sold.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks like it'll be Rooney and Welbeck up top like the September fixture, which was HORRIBLE last time.

Silver lining of defeat is Liverpool's rivals aren't dropping points.

No worries, we got bigger fish to fry :coma:

Edit: Just realised, it should be Mata behind Rooney for this match. Sorry Welbz. :coma:
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Looks like it'll be Rooney and Welbeck up top like the September fixture, which was HORRIBLE last time.

Silver lining of defeat is Liverpool's rivals aren't dropping points.

No worries, we got bigger fish to fry :coma:

Edit: Just realised, it should be Mata behind Rooney for this match. Sorry Welbz. :coma:
Welbeck at LM though :coma:
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
All tickets for this fixture have now been sold.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hahaha...

United have no chance.
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we recorded a win against City sandwiched between two losses to West Ham and Villa.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StretfordEnd)
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we recorded a win against City sandwiched between two losses to West Ham and Villa.
Exactly, there's either two ways with us. Either we win well or lose horribly, we don't have that consistency in grinding out results anymore. But still, Man City are huge favourites against us, I wouldn't be surprised if they put 5/6 past us
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In my opinion City is the favorite. From the last 6 matches, City won 4 and lost 1, while United won 2 and lost 2. If everything goes according to plan, City will win the match.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1-4 to the visitors.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
After today's team, I'm pretty sure we'll line up like this:

De Gea
Rafael Rio Jones Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Valencia Mata Welbeck
Rooney
km11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
as a city fan,i can see united winning - even at this stage and considering both teams' form and league position - this is a tough match for us
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My prediction is 3-1 to Man City. I can see us (United) scoring a goal since Demichelis is most likely going to start at CB.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
My prediction is 3-1 to Man City. (...)
My prediction is just a victory for Man City, although United won the last two matches twice in a row (Champions League included).
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
2-1 United.
Slick Fosbury
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wish RVP was fit.

I would be far more confident playing a side with 2 in midfield.

As it stands I think it'll be close and it's difficult to call. Our quality should show through, but it's a derby so it won't work out like that.
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Slick Fosbury)
I wish RVP was fit.

I would be far more confident playing a side with 2 in midfield.

As it stands I think it'll be close and it's difficult to call. Our quality should show through, but it's a derby so it won't work out like that.
Rooney up front with Mata in behind and Kagawa and Welbs ether side, we have an opportunity to properly test this now as it looks like it has massive potential.

I'm very excited/nervous for this now. God please let us play better than Liverpool. We need to keep momentum, if we don't win at least let it have been close and a decent performance.

I think we can win, but **** knows the way we've played against top 8 never mind top 4 teams this season has been nothing short of horrific. Need to show we can beat top sides too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
Rooney up front with Mata in behind and Kagawa and Welbs ether side, we have an opportunity to properly test this now as it looks like it has massive potential.

I'm very excited/nervous for this now. God please let us play better than Liverpool. We need to keep momentum, if we don't win at least let it have been close and a decent performance.

I think we can win, but **** knows the way we've played against top 8 never mind top 4 teams this season has been nothing short of horrific. Need to show we can beat top sides too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The last time I was excited about a match, it was against Liverpool and we got given the D. I honestly think Moyes is gna start with Valencia on the right and Welbeck on the left since the former didn't feature yesterday and the latter had a late run out.

Front four is probably gna be this:
Valencia Mata Welbeck
Rooney

I honestly think we can exploit Man City's defense especially if Demichlis starts.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
The 5 point rundown on this fixture:

*Man United haven't lost three consecutive derbies at Old Trafford since 1972. City could do it again with a win tonight

*There have only ever been 6 goalless draws in 82 home derbies, only 3 in the post-war era ... it's a fixture which usually guarantees goals. The last no-score draw was in 2004.

*The largest winning margin for both teams is 5 goals. United most recently achieving this with a 5-0 victory in 1994, City's last demolition derby being in 2011 where they won 1-6.

*The first game between the two teams was played in 1891, with Newton Heath beating Ardwick 5-1 in the FA Cup. United won the first derby at Old Trafford 2-1 in 1910.

*The first time City actually won at Old Trafford in 1912, they didn't actually have a manager and were managed by a committee! How odd!
StrangerthanEleven
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would work hurry up and be over..got to get home, get dinner in the oven and get a glass of wine in hand (for purposes of ether celebration/numbing the pain of defeat)

Scared. 2-1 United. :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed