The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

lancaster study abroad - do you get to choose where you go?

I have been offered a place on the Earth and Environmental science study abroad course, are you able to choose which country you go to out of Australasia, Canada or Iceland, or am I told which I will go to? I would prefer Australia - thankyou :smile:
Original post by tsruser12
I have been offered a place on the Earth and Environmental science study abroad course, are you able to choose which country you go to out of Australasia, Canada or Iceland, or am I told which I will go to? I would prefer Australia - thankyou :smile:

Hi!

To an extent, yes. I study at Lancaster at the moment and I'm going to study abroad for a year in New York. :biggrin:

For my application I was given a choice of 5 places that I could choose from; four in America (New York, Missouri, Nebraska and North Carolina) and Waikato in New Zeland. I was then asked to put them in order of preference in my application.

However, I do know people who are going all over Europe and Australia as well so it does depend on your department as the University abroad has to be compatible with your course at Lancaster.

So yes but not complete freedom
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending