Should I go to university of Exeter to do geograpy?

Watch
JessicaMary
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've got a place at Exeter university but I'm really undecided whether to go or not.
When visiting I loved the course, lectures, accommodation, the fact it was near a beach etc. However, I've heard it had really bad night life. I was wondering what students of Exeter uni actually think of the nightlife? Also my boyfriend wants to go to Newcastle uni which is really far away which is another negative of Exeter and it cost so much to travel up to Newcastle that I'd rarely see him.
I've also been offered a place at Nottingham university. When I visited Nottingham uni I loved it however, the lectures were not as inspiring as the lectures at Exeter and the accomodation isn't as nice. Also lots of my friends are going to Nottingham.
I really cant decide what to do!
HELP
crazeesurf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JessicaMary)
I've got a place at Exeter university but I'm really undecided whether to go or not.
When visiting I loved the course, lectures, accommodation, the fact it was near a beach etc. However, I've heard it had really bad night life. I was wondering what students of Exeter uni actually think of the nightlife? Also my boyfriend wants to go to Newcastle uni which is really far away which is another negative of Exeter and it cost so much to travel up to Newcastle that I'd rarely see him.
I've also been offered a place at Nottingham university. When I visited Nottingham uni I loved it however, the lectures were not as inspiring as the lectures at Exeter and the accomodation isn't as nice. Also lots of my friends are going to Nottingham.
I really cant decide what to do!
HELP
Yes. I did geography here and I loved it so much I'm now doing my MSc at Exeter too.The nightlife is amazing, and the geography department is one of the best and most highly respected in the country. I might be biased, but I'd definitely recommend it. You shouldn't base your university decision on your boyfriend, especially if it means going to a worse university because of him. I know right now it probably feels like you'd go anywhere for him, but if its meant to be between you then you'll be fine long-distance. If not then you should make the right decision for you and from the sounds of it, you really like the look of the course at Exeter (it is very good). If he won't follow you to Exeter then why should you follow him to Newcastle? None of my friends came to Exeter with me, which is great because I look forward to seeing them each holiday. A lot of my friends went to Cardiff together, and they're sick of seeing each other all the time at uni, and all the time during holidays. You should pick the course you want to do because that is what you are going to study for 3 years, and you'll regret it if you don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (597)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (734)
41.68%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.49%

Watched Threads