The Student Room Group

Artificial Intelligence course

I'm considering an artificial intelligence/robotics course for uni, I'm first year sixth form doing maths for a level (with chemistry, art, and photography) and from what I've read the course sounds interesting. Could I please get some opinions from people doing that kind of course on what it's like, what sort of stuff you get to do, and what unis are good for it please?
I am starting mechanical engineering (with some robotics and programming) at Imperial next year. I know few people who major in AI. Firstly, I would highly recommend you doing Computing as artificial intelligence is almost nothing but computer science and very rigorous algorithms (programs). However it is good thing you are doing maths because, whereas programming can be learnt in university, they wouldn't help you with maths as much. So it is very important you are a enthusiastic mathematician to be successful in this area. After all don't forget that Computer Science started as a branch of Mathematics and it still is. Good universities for AI; I would say Cambridge, Imperial, Kings, Southampton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending