GreenNinja
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey all,

having a tough time deciding between picking Cardiff or Southampton for my insurance choices. I like both places, so was wondering if anyone could say something that might just help sway it for me? What's nightlife like in Cardiff, is there plenty to do in the city? How is it for getting around etc, any other things that will make me choose Cardiff other southampton? Also I'm going to be studying music so if you have any info from that perspective, then that would help too!

If you could help, please either quote me in here, or my other thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2624554

cheers
Bron14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GreenNinja)
Hey all,

having a tough time deciding between picking Cardiff or Southampton for my insurance choices. I like both places, so was wondering if anyone could say something that might just help sway it for me? What's nightlife like in Cardiff, is there plenty to do in the city? How is it for getting around etc, any other things that will make me choose Cardiff other southampton? Also I'm going to be studying music so if you have any info from that perspective, then that would help too!

If you could help, please either quote me in here, or my other thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2624554

cheers
Hey this is really weird because I'm in exactly the same position.. I can't decided between Cardiff or Southampton for music? Have you had any thoughts?
GreenNinja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bron14)
Hey this is really weird because I'm in exactly the same position.. I can't decided between Cardiff or Southampton for music? Have you had any thoughts?
Such a difficult choice isn't it! I've still nto got much further but I've been exploring course opportunities as I'm quite into performance and they both seem good on this front, but I think Cardiff has links with the local conservatoire which I don't think Southampton has anything like that!
Thaladan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I'm in my first year at Cardiff University and I really love it here. It's kind of a cliche, but I find Cardiff to be a nice city and one that I'm proud to be studying in.
Bron14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Such a difficult choice isn't it! I've still nto got much further but I've been exploring course opportunities as I'm quite into performance and they both seem good on this front, but I think Cardiff has links with the local conservatoire which I don't think Southampton has anything like that!
It really is! same here, trying to research it all as best I can. That is a very good point.. If ever I speak to anyone about the two uni's that's what they always say about Cardiff. The performance opportunities there are fab! hmm, don't know how I'm ever going to decide haha
GreenNinja
Rep:
?
It really is! same here, trying to research it all as best I can. That is a very good point.. If ever I speak to anyone about the two uni's that's what they always say about Cardiff. The performance opportunities there are fab! hmm, don't know how I'm ever going to decide haha
It's really difficult because I think performance at southampton is great too! it doesn't have links to the conservatoires but it does have high standard orchestras things which tour abroad!
Bron14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's really difficult because I think performance at southampton is great too! it doesn't have links to the conservatoires but it does have high standard orchestras things which tour abroad!
yeah that's true! the orchestra sounded really really good. It's such a tough decision.. I think I've decided on Cardiff though! feels like the right decision for me
GreenNinja
Rep:
?
yeah that's true! the orchestra sounded really really good. It's such a tough decision.. I think I've decided on Cardiff though! feels like the right decision for me

What do you think swayed you toward Cardiff?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads