Aston University vs University of Essex (BSc Finance) Watch

Traidoco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi!

I have offers from both Aston University aka Aston Business School (Birminham) and the University of Essex for a BSc in Finance.

I am not sure which one to choose, so... why not ask you guys?

What do you think and how do these compare? Focusing on Education at first of course, quality, ranking, accomodations, the town/city, student life, NIGHTLIFE, campus, cost of living, etc.

I know it is quite much to ask, but anything from experience and/or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
kristiqn91
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
go aston mate its 10 better. more prestigious, better quality teaching. Ive been to essex studying finance and can tell u its a joke. u get people getting in with 180 ucas pts if they are doing foundation year. Aston has one of the best employment rates and with an essex degree u will never find a decent job let alone working for the big 4 or anything similar. The location of Aston is better albeit more expensive but its worth investing in your future. Forget about essex in my opinion. May i ask what your offer for aston and essex is?
Traidoco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you! The thing is, I studied in Sweden for the years like high school and I thought that what ever University would give me an offer, I thought wrong... My grades where not enough (in Sweden we have a final grade that goes from like 10 to 20 if you have a grade on each of the subjects, I got a 15 which means I did quite well but not excellent). So now I am applying by extras, I do not have a "official" offer from Aston because I chose Essex and the is where I have an offer, but I have talked with Aston and they would give me an offer but you know, not 100% sure. From what I have seen I kind of like Essex, and Aston too of course but the thing is that I would need to decline the Essex offer and apply by extras to Aston and even though they have told me that they would give me an offer but that does not guarantee that they will due to my late application. I don't want to end up having none.
Also I want to note that I will do a Masters, and acing this three years would be great to enter a real good University.
I don't know what to do...
Peju
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Traidoco)
Hi!

I have offers from both Aston University aka Aston Business School (Birminham) and the University of Essex for a BSc in Finance.

I am not sure which one to choose, so... why not ask you guys?

What do you think and how do these compare? Focusing on Education at first of course, quality, ranking, accomodations, the town/city, student life, NIGHTLIFE, campus, cost of living, etc.

I know it is quite much to ask, but anything from experience and/or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yeah I agree withe first commentator, Aston is a lot more better (in terms of quality,teaching,employability & ranking when it comes to Finance - Top 20). It's also in Birmingham which is a major UK City (accomodation may be higher because of this) so the night life is likely to be good. I also applied for Bsc Finance in Aston & the modules/course seem decent.
Baldness
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All the big finance firms and many banks recruit Aston Graduates.

I nicked enough of their cheese and wine etc ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Aston University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed