james.1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

i've always been 'different'. I was a troubled child, getting into fights, into trouble and I regret it so much, I failed at school and I don't know where life is leading me, my past of trouble could be preventing me from joining army and some other things like medical issues, but there is still a chance of me getting in, if the british army fails then I am thinking of going to america as I know someone who will sponsor me for a green card and I could attempt to join the army there, but now a medical problem has popped up and if it is too bad i wouldnt be eligible to join the us army. I want to do something exciting in my life and do something that not only helps people but that can potentially save a life.we were only given one life and I want to dedicate my life to a good cause and to live an exciting life. But this all seems to be going down the drain and I don't know what to do with my life. I guess I want to be a somebody and I also know that if the army doesn't work I will end up going down a dark spiral of depression, I used to be a bad person and I've sinned a lot but I want to save people from some of the horrible things the world has to offer but at the same time I want an exciting life and travel a lot, the army offered me all that but that's possibly going down the drain. I don't know what to do.
Georgie_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As I want to give you a hug!
honestly the best thing you can do is stay positive, easier said than done I know! But don't worry until it actually happens and in the mean time start doing a hobby, join a group do Something. I know it sounds stupid but having a sense of purpose is important as well as a focus.
also look in to options for gaining an education, if that is what you want. I'm not sure of the options in the US but I am sure there must be some and it could give you the confidence you need.
Basically stay positive and things will get better, good luck!
james.1996
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Georgie_M)
As I want to give you a hug!
honestly the best thing you can do is stay positive, easier said than done I know! But don't worry until it actually happens and in the mean time start doing a hobby, join a group do Something. I know it sounds stupid but having a sense of purpose is important as well as a focus.
also look in to options for gaining an education, if that is what you want. I'm not sure of the options in the US but I am sure there must be some and it could give you the confidence you need.
Basically stay positive and things will get better, good luck!
Thank you, I kinda need a hug the thing is, I could live an exciting life If I went back to how I used to be, but that would make me a bad person and I wouldn't be helping anyone, infact I would end up ruining other people's lives, so I do have a choice of excitement, but to be honest I'd rather have no life at all than to ruin an innocent persons life again. I know this sounds stupid and I don't mean this in a dramatic hollywood movie kind of way, but I just want to dedicate my life to helping people and actually saving people/someone, with all the bad there is in this world, and all the bad things I done I feel like it is my destiny to do something great in this world. But if I cannot fulfill that destiny then I will spend the rest of my life being a failure.
Georgie_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by james.1996)
Thank you, I kinda need a hug the thing is, I could live an exciting life If I went back to how I used to be, but that would make me a bad person and I wouldn't be helping anyone, infact I would end up ruining other people's lives, so I do have a choice of excitement, but to be honest I'd rather have no life at all than to ruin an innocent persons life again. I know this sounds stupid and I don't mean this in a dramatic hollywood movie kind of way, but I just want to dedicate my life to helping people and actually saving people/someone, with all the bad there is in this world, and all the bad things I done I feel like it is my destiny to do something great in this world. But if I cannot fulfill that destiny then I will spend the rest of my life being a failure.
Then don't! Why not start volunteering one day a week with a charity? It's rewarding and good experience too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads