This discussion is closed.
the A* guy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I noticed there wasn't a thread mede yet for this exam in june 2014, so I thought I would make one.

I thought it would be nice if there was a thread for those doing this exam and want to revise with the help of others, prepare for the paper and be able to ask any general questions about the exam.
evenda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great... Now we can all share our knowledge...
I have got mock exams next week and I am not properly ready for them..
MarkProbio
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is anyone else most worried about the synaptic material that may come up? Sure, I understood it last year but as someone who isn't retaking AS I feel like a question on the details of DNA replication (for example) could lose me a few marks.
1+1=3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am finding this unit in caparison to previous ones particularly difficult, hopefully this thread can help me with problems I have.
Hayder120
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For those ofyou wanting OCR biology notes for either AS and A2.

Have a look for my post:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2632831

your welcome, please if you want to give feedback, complement my teacher, NOTME.

the A* guy
Rep:
?
Does anyone have the june 2013 F215 QP and MS that they can post here?

Much appreciated.
#FutureDentist
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by the A* guy)
Does anyone have the june 2013 F215 QP and MS that they can post here?

Much appreciated.
No one has it?!

Please upload it - my teacher hasn't got back to me still!
DentalW
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone got any ideas on what is likely to feature in the exam this year? Things that haven't been seen in a while etc.
Heroku
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DentalW)
Anyone got any ideas on what is likely to feature in the exam this year? Things that haven't been seen in a while etc.

For me personally it's Dopamine and DRD4 which came up in Jun10.

And the massive one: Nitrogen Cycle - which hasn't come up properly for a while.
#FutureDentist
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone got the June 13 paper & MS?! Pleaseeeee
Athlete95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by #FutureDentist)
Anyone got the June 13 paper & MS?! Pleaseeeee
This great website has all the June 13 papers and mark schemes on it! http://www.thebiotutor.com
Athlete95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Heroku)

And the massive one: Nitrogen Cycle - which hasn't come up properly for a while.
I think quite a bit on Genome Sequencing could come up too. PCR/Electrophoresis came up briefly last year but I think we could see it coming up again!

Definitely agree with you on DRD4 though, I'm sure that'll be there!
#FutureDentist
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Athlete95)
This great website has all the June 13 papers and mark schemes on it! http://www.thebiotutor.com
Thank you so so much!!
DentalW
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I'll scrub up on them, is the book best for them or are there other things that are better?
Heroku
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by #FutureDentist)
Thank you so so much!!
I'll scrub up on them, is the book best for them or are there other things that are better?
I was just thinking.

Lonesome George died November last year and this is the first exam since his death =.

Maybe, there will be a bit about the Galapagos islands?
DentalW
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was just thinking.

Lonesome George died November last year and this is the first exam since his death =.

Maybe, there will be a bit about the Galapagos islands?

just did a past paper and mentioned him in one of my answers, didn't know he had died though
Heroku
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
just did a past paper and mentioned him in one of my answers, didn't know he had died though
Yeah, he died!

But I got the wrong date!

Apparently, he died June 24, 2012!

I've lost track of time!

What past paper was it?
Esta16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought there was a thread like this? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2596990 granted it doesnt say exam but similar...

There was a really big question on the Galapagos in the Jan 2013 paper, 7 marker doubt it will come up again for ours.
Heroku
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Esta16)
I thought there was a thread like this? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2596990 granted it doesnt say exam but similar...

There was a really big question on the Galapagos in the Jan 2013 paper, 7 marker doubt it will come up again for ours.

Yeah, I messed up with the dates.

He died June 24, 2012 so the Jan 2013 paper would have been the first one after his death!

the A* guy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Esta16)

This is the official thread for our specific exam, this year, this is the place to revise for our exam in a month, the other one is just general.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (13)
32.5%
Less motivated (27)
67.5%

Watched Threads