The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone aiming for an A* or higher:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142072-a2-units-showing-90-percent-conversion-points-june-2013.pdf
Based on the difference between A and A* its 76/100 for 100% UMS (for June 2013).

Pray for a repeat of last year!!
Original post by brandy016
Any predictions of what might come up?

Come back to this thread next weekend. I'm sure the thread'll be more full. I'll certainly try and post more. it's just that i'm focussing on my five exams this week. F215 is my last exam.
Reply 63
does anyone have the June 2013 past paper and mark scheme? :smile:
Reply 65
Any good revision sites for this unit? cz i dont understand any of it :s
What exactly do we need to know about artificial selection of wheat and polyploidy? The text book confuses me!!
Reply 67
Original post by Haleigh Price
What exactly do we need to know about artificial selection of wheat and polyploidy? The text book confuses me!!

I'm stuck with this too please someone help! I understand how the modern dairy cow was produced by artificial selection - but in the textbook it's so vague about wheat????
I'm kinda expecting something on muscles, like "Outline the events that occur which result in coordinated muscle contraction", or something to that extent.
Original post by Haleigh Price

I think they just want us to know an example of artificial selection in animals and plants. Polypoidy happens when there is more than one diploid set of chromosomes in a nucleus. In wheat, the yield is increased through hybridization between a number of different but related species which can undergo polyploidy. As they have an increased number of chromosomes, the cells will be bigger, producing a higher yield

Hybridization refers to combining two organisms of different species/breeds to produce an offspring
Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 70
Do we need to know the nitrogen cycle in full? Or just the roles of the decomposers?
Does anyone know if there's an F215 practise pack? There's a great F214 one but can't find F215
Original post by whitemonster96
Does anyone know if there's an F215 practise pack? There's a great F214 one but can't find F215

If you go on Mrs miller's blog there's a link on there which says 'unit 5 questions' and it has all of the exam questions in it :smile: plus answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomQuinn
Do we need to know the nitrogen cycle in full? Or just the roles of the decomposers?

Think we have to know it in full. AWFUL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dianaantemir
If you go on Mrs miller's blog there's a link on there which says 'unit 5 questions' and it has all of the exam questions in it :smile: plus answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh great, thanks!
Original post by dianaantemir
Think we have to know it in full. AWFUL

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found a great way to remember it though its slightly wacky..
How much of the evidence for apical dominance do we need to know? And the following page on experiments with the plant hormones? :smile:
Original post by HarrietROAR
I found a great way to remember it though its slightly wacky..

What's your way? I hope it's in the form of a song because I'm so up for that.
Hey guys

Anybody need any help or any explaining ? If so just quote me or private message me and ill be happy to help :smile:
Original post by Lethargic
What's your way? I hope it's in the form of a song because I'm so up for that.

Its hard to explain without showing you. But i remember it in terms of drugs.

Youve got nitrogen in the air which needs to be fixed.
The stuff fixed by lightening (nitrogen oxide - nitrates - streams/rivers&into the roots), thats acid because it doesnt really matter very much but eventually you get onto it.

The stuff in the soil is whats important (thats weed, everything uses it) as it then goes on go become nitrates to be sucked up by the roots and the plants and blah.

Im really struggling to explain it without speaking/showing you.. if youre still confused pm me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending