Wearing your teams home shirt in a rival city ?

Watch
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I've never done it. I can't remember the last time I wore a football shirt when I wasn't going to a game or playing football. I wouldn't do it either. I don't expect to get beat up but I can do without the hassle that it could cause.
Hooby
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Yeah Blues and Villa absolutely adore each other :p: I am good thanks I hope you are well been very busy at work lately. Hey nothing wrong with making friends from the enemy, I used to work with several Birmingham fans, we always had a good laugh.
We do, the police just get in the way, they don't understand! Same, being a second year is tough but I'm okay haha, he's helped me realise you guys are normal people too! That said I take everything he says with a pinch of salt...can't be too careful! Banter is what it's all about!

Haha every time I give a tour around the Uni, the parents tend to ask questions about the summer riots, I like to point out that the only shop in town centre that wasn't robbed was the villa shop...merely graffitied because there was nothing worth taking
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've worn my Palace shirt around Brighton before. It's not a very pleasant experience...
Ripper-Roo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
sounds like good craic
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheMagicRat)
I've never done it. I can't remember the last time I wore a football shirt when I wasn't going to a game or playing football. I wouldn't do it either. I don't expect to get beat up but I can do without the hassle that it could cause.
West Brom are fine, it's if you're of the claret and blue variety that the hassle comes just curious, why wouldn't you wear one usually?
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shooks)
I've worn my Palace shirt around Brighton before. It's not a very pleasant experience...
Seasides generally don't like any away fans, cos we always disrupt their town - graffiti, taking over the pubs, some idiot stabbing donkeys ( which was wrong) they are now even more defensive.
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hooby)
West Brom are fine, it's if you're of the claret and blue variety that the hassle comes just curious, why wouldn't you wear one usually?
Don't know why, I just don't. Never really thought about it.

I'd think I'd be a lot more comfortable in Birmingham than Wolverhampton. I've worn an Albion hat in Birmingham before and it was fine. I've not got the nerve to do it Wolverhampton though.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I have never been, nor can I envisage myself ever visiting Sunderland. However I did wear a Rangers shirt in Glasgow, and I'm still alive to tell the tale.
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheMagicRat)
Don't know why, I just don't. Never really thought about it.

I'd think I'd be a lot more comfortable in Birmingham than Wolverhampton. I've worn an Albion hat in Birmingham before and it was fine. I've not got the nerve to do it Wolverhampton though.
Even I'm careful in Wolverhampton! Blues fans like Albion, we share players
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I don't wear football shirts but I do wear a Man United baseball cap sometimes when I go visiting my family in Liverpool, just to troll. Used to wear my shirt through there too when I was younger, got into a few heated arguments over it now and again.
username47781
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hooby)
We do, the police just get in the way, they don't understand! Same, being a second year is tough but I'm okay haha, he's helped me realise you guys are normal people too! That said I take everything he says with a pinch of salt...can't be too careful! Banter is what it's all about!

Haha every time I give a tour around the Uni, the parents tend to ask questions about the summer riots, I like to point out that the only shop in town centre that wasn't robbed was the villa shop...merely graffitied because there was nothing worth taking
The damn police spoiling our fun :ninja: ha exactly most fans are normal people, only the small minority from whichever team which look for trouble and fights, Maybe all the stock was sold out, serious note I am struggling to get a Villa shirt :ninja:
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The damn police spoiling our fun :ninja: ha exactly most fans are normal people, only the small minority from whichever team which look for trouble and fights, Maybe all the stock was sold out, serious note I am struggling to get a Villa shirt :ninja:
Haha yeah those pigs! I'm normal fan wise but I do like the atmosphere when there's a bit of trouble if you get me. Plus most of the firm members are lovely people, one eyed baz is testimony to that! Haha saw one in sports direct yesterday, reduced to a tenner!
Opts
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pane123)
who wears football shirts unless you are going to a match?
who werz there replika shiz at the match. Don the rockports. Thuglyf
username47781
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hooby)
Haha yeah those pigs! I'm normal fan wise but I do like the atmosphere when there's a bit of trouble if you get me. Plus most of the firm members are lovely people, one eyed baz is testimony to that! Haha saw one in sports direct yesterday, reduced to a tenner!
I remember the last derby I went to, someone threw a smoke bomb onto the pitch and there was a streaker. Ah we're changing the kit next season I think, that's why it's reduced :p:
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Opts)
who werz there replika shiz at the match. Don the rockports. Thuglyf
Naa it's all about adidas originals...and stone island of course
SophiaKeuning
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Going to church in itself is weird, doing so in a football shirt takes it to a whole new level.

Most people who wear football shirts in public probably can't afford other clothes, in which case they shouldn't have bought the football shirt in the first place.
Oh you sound tolerant.
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I remember the last derby I went to, someone threw a smoke bomb onto the pitch and there was a streaker. Ah we're changing the kit next season I think, that's why it's reduced :p:
That was fun, the pitch invasion one? Whenever I feel down I always watch sorensons own goal haha course it is....
pane123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SophiaKeuning)
Oh you sound tolerant.
Do I? I tend not to be.
Hooby
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do I? I tend not to be.
:facepalm:
Just can't see why you have a problem with football shirts
redleader1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
Leeds are all round pretty scummy though
Yeah i remember in the 80s when we played them. They chanted about the fire. How sick

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
10.03%
Okay (108)
29.27%
A bit lacking (135)
36.59%
Not good at all (89)
24.12%

Watched Threads