SAAS - I'm struggling to get my head around this Watch

jemx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know this is fairly simple, but me being me, I am confused. Got an e-mail from SAAS a few weeks ago stating that I needed to apply for funding by the 31st of March. Assuming this applies to everyone? However, I was wondering if you need to confirm your university place on UCAS BEFORE applying for SAAS, or can it wait and i apply to SAAS, for my first choice (despite not having chosen officially on UCAS.) Dundee is my first choice so I thought it relevant to post here instead of the SAAS page. The reason I ask is that I have a university interview on the 1st of May and don't want to apply for funding at one place, receive an offer from another and then be unable to change it.

Thanks so much for all help in advance!
MarkP.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought it was the 31st of June or something? I know if you put your firm choice in and end up going somewhere else/not going at all that it's really easy to change or cancel the application.
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jemx)
I know this is fairly simple, but me being me, I am confused. Got an e-mail from SAAS a few weeks ago stating that I needed to apply for funding by the 31st of March. Assuming this applies to everyone? However, I was wondering if you need to confirm your university place on UCAS BEFORE applying for SAAS, or can it wait and i apply to SAAS, for my first choice (despite not having chosen officially on UCAS.) Dundee is my first choice so I thought it relevant to post here instead of the SAAS page. The reason I ask is that I have a university interview on the 1st of May and don't want to apply for funding at one place, receive an offer from another and then be unable to change it.

Thanks so much for all help in advance!
That'd odd. The deadline for 31st March is for the funding for the year that we're in now, as in, if you're already studying a course just now and need funding for it. To guarantee your funding is in place for you starting your course in September, the deadline is the end of June (or July, I can't remember as it changed one year recently).
jemx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
That'd odd. The deadline for 31st March is for the funding for the year that we're in now, as in, if you're already studying a course just now and need funding for it. To guarantee your funding is in place for you starting your course in September, the deadline is the end of June (or July, I can't remember as it changed one year recently).
Yeah I went on the SAAS fb page and it turns out you can't apply until mid april if you're an undergraduate for this year. Because I signed up to SAAS previously (a month or so ago), they must have thought I was a current student!

Sorry for any confusion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (190)
24.05%
Pop (192)
24.3%
Jazz (30)
3.8%