The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Which accommodation is the best choice?

I've just accepted my offer for Biochemistry at Manchester and I really need help on where to live. My course is a lot of hours a week so I won't have as great a social life as people on courses with say 8 hours a week. I've been recommended Fallowfields as it is good for the social scene. Can anyone help me on this?
Reply 1
Original post by Rubyy_
I've just accepted my offer for Biochemistry at Manchester and I really need help on where to live. My course is a lot of hours a week so I won't have as great a social life as people on courses with say 8 hours a week. I've been recommended Fallowfields as it is good for the social scene. Can anyone help me on this?

Hi :smile:

I've just accepted Biology at manchester and I'm having the same dilemma with which halls to choose too. I'm thinking of going for Sheavyn House, Canterbury Court and Opal Gardens, but I haven't a clue if they're the right choice!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Duckyyy
Hi :smile:

I've just accepted Biology at manchester and I'm having the same dilemma with which halls to choose too. I'm thinking of going for Sheavyn House, Canterbury Court and Opal Gardens, but I haven't a clue if they're the right choice!

Hi!
I know its such a difficult choice because I want to be in the party area despite knowing that I will need to do loads of work. Yeah I've been considering Sheavyn House as well as Richmond Park as I really want an ensuite room
Reply 3
Original post by Rubyy_
Hi!
I know its such a difficult choice because I want to be in the party area despite knowing that I will need to do loads of work. Yeah I've been considering Sheavyn House as well as Richmond Park as I really want an ensuite room

Yeah same! I'm going for ensuite and I'd like to be in a social area which isn't miles away from the university campus. I don't want to be in an area which is constant partying, but at the same time I don't want to be somewhere which is really quiet with not much going on. If your doing biochemistry, we might have a few modules which are the same. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Duckyyy
Yeah same! I'm going for ensuite and I'd like to be in a social area which isn't miles away from the university campus. I don't want to be in an area which is constant partying, but at the same time I don't want to be somewhere which is really quiet with not much going on. If your doing biochemistry, we might have a few modules which are the same. :smile:

Yes I'm exactly the same!! Do you know if you're more likely to get the accommodation you want the earlier you apply? Yeah I imagine we will have modules together since the first year is pretty similar! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Rubyy_
Yes I'm exactly the same!! Do you know if you're more likely to get the accommodation you want the earlier you apply? Yeah I imagine we will have modules together since the first year is pretty similar! :smile:

I'm not sure, but I'm planning on applying within the next couple of weeks just in case. Sheavyn House sounds really nice. I just wish it was closer to the main campus and city! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending