AS Geography Edexcel -Geographical fieldwork

Watch
CookieMonster22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For the Unit 2 exam, there are questions such as describe a fieldwork and research strategy you used on how urban areas need rebranding... Does anybody know how to go about this? I'm not really sure how to structure it or what info to put in.
BWCW
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fieldwork is the primary stuff you did on a field trip (which hopefully you've been on!), which includes taking photographs, questionnaires, environmental quality assessments, car/pedestrian counts... literally any methods you used 'in the field'.
Research is anything secondary you did to further your understanding of the area and its need for rebranding - so text analyses of local newspapers or tourism materials, using census data etc.

Structure-wise, just make sure you explicitly state whether it was fieldwork/research, what the method was and how you carried it out - possibly why you chose this method? i.e. why was it useful? - and then how it told you, for example, the ways in which urban areas need rebranding.
CookieMonster22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you for your reply! I'm the only one in my class so they haven't run a fieldwork trip so I have just done about rebranding my town (boring stuff!) So I have to state whether I have done a research project, how I went about it? The Limitations of it etc? I think we are about to move on to describing a research/fieldwork study you have carried out to investigate links between precipitation and flooding along a stretch of river...great...

Thanks!
BWCW
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh, wow, that must be weird! Good on you though. Yes, you will have to pretend as if you have done some real fieldwork () and then rattle through what methods you used and yeah, any limitations to them. The mark schemes are quite helpful to look at, as they have a table of fieldwork and research that they're expecting, and you can basically tweak it to any question.

Ooh, fun... I didn't do that option, so I'm afraid I won't know much about that. But it will be the same! Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (44)
23.28%
Unhappy (53)
28.04%
Conflicted (92)
48.68%

Watched Threads