The Student Room Group

How to control myself from replying too fast to texts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
Maybe the girls I talk to aren't much of a texter as I get on very well with them at uni. But I had this feeling that they had a point... Responding almost instantly does seem a bit needy towards girls but I don't know lol... they know I'm not into them.

I guess it's something I shouldn't worry about then

If you're not into them, it's not a concern. If you are into them, it's better to avoid anybody that wants to play stupid games. You get a text. You read it and respond. Don't get the whole waiting to not seem desperate.

I usually take a while to respond to texts, because I get side tracked by other things. Nothing to do with trying not to seem desperate.
WTF is their problem?! Don't change, it's such a ridiculous non-problem, if you want to reply, then reply.
/endof
I reply too fast too , it made my bf feel unattracted to me I guess,how I know he’s online he’s rather ignore my text and reply me after 2 hours
Hey I struggle with this too, and I’m a girl. I would honestly ignore those people and do it! Reply as fast as you want to. Or don’t talk to them at all. I know it hurts and stuff. I feel your pain and struggle. I recently went through a breakup and everytime he messages me I feel like I have to reply quickly, not just to him to other people as well. Personally I think I might have mild OCD cause this isn’t the only thing I do. I have to view everyone’s stories on Snapchat or I feel anxiety and as well as if I have notifications on YouTube or something I have to click on it so the numbers disappear. I’m sorry if this doesn’t help, I’m trying to figure it out myself:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending