Course change IT -> Psychology - Admission contact advice

Watch
JamesRT1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys. After going around Oxford Brookes university (which I loved!) I have come to the realisation that the IT and business course I applied to really isn't for me. When applying for UCAS originally I strongly considered doing psychology and I was initially going to chose it instead and ever since I have regretted not choosing it my interest in the subject has just kept multiplying. After consulting with my tutor at school we decided that the best course of action was to contact the university's (Oxford Brookes since I intended for it to be my first choice) admissions team to request a change of course. I know there is quite a gap between the subjects, although the grades required only differ by one (BBB vs. BBC). My main query now is what is the best thing to write in an email to them? If any one has any advice or past experience I would be greatly appreciative, many thanks!
Advertisement
JamesRT1996
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys. After going around Oxford Brookes university (which I loved!) I have come to the realisation that the IT and business course I applied to really isn't for me. When applying for UCAS originally I strongly considered doing psychology and I was initially going to chose it instead and ever since I have regretted not choosing it my interest in the subject has just kept multiplying. After consulting with my tutor at school we decided that the best course of action was to contact the university's (Oxford Brookes since I intended for it to be my first choice) admissions team to request a change of course. I know there is quite a gap between the subjects, although the grades required only differ by one (BBB vs. BBC). My main query now is what is the best thing to write in an email to them? If any one has any advice or past experience I would be greatly appreciative, many thanks!
jacksonmeg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JamesRT1996)
I changed from biochemistry to chemistry at leeds university not along ago, although chemistry had lower entry requirements (ABB) down from AAB. I would email the admissions tutor from the department you want to change to. I just said that I wanted to change from biochemistry to chemistry, and listen my reasons why. I also put in my UCAS ID. I got a reply the next day saying they would give me an offer and it got changed from biochemistry to chemistry on ucas a few days after
Advertisement
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd agree with your tutor that this is probably the best course of action to take.

You should write an email that includes
- name
- UCAS number
- old course and new course
- why you would like to change

Remember that you are asking them if you can change, not telling them that you want to change, so be very nice in your email, because they don't have to say yes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads