The Student Room Group

Positive customer experiences?

Hey

I'm doing a presentation in relation to customer experience (positive experiences, sorry) and I'm just looking for some views or short stories as to when you've experienced what you think was excellent customer service.

Also have you noticed a particular change in the way customer service is delivered?

Any idea's posted will simply be used to help me form a mind-map and start planning out some ideas, not actually in the presentation in terms of quotes or anything like that.
Original post by NatashaLee
Hey

I'm doing a presentation in relation to customer experience (positive experiences, sorry) and I'm just looking for some views or short stories as to when you've experienced what you think was excellent customer service.

Also have you noticed a particular change in the way customer service is delivered?

Any idea's posted will simply be used to help me form a mind-map and start planning out some ideas, not actually in the presentation in terms of quotes or anything like that.

I think Amazon are a brilliant example of good customer service. I had an issue with a Christmas present I bought, which developed a fault a little over a month after Christmas (but about six weeks after it was bought). I contacted Amazon via email about this and had a reply within the hour saying, no problem, we've sent you a new one, just print out this label and send the faulty one back. Very, very easy to do.

I think that's a sign of how online customer service has developed - go back a few years and it was an enormous hassle to return anything.
Reply 2
Original post by shooks
I think Amazon are a brilliant example of good customer service. I had an issue with a Christmas present I bought, which developed a fault a little over a month after Christmas (but about six weeks after it was bought). I contacted Amazon via email about this and had a reply within the hour saying, no problem, we've sent you a new one, just print out this label and send the faulty one back. Very, very easy to do.

I think that's a sign of how online customer service has developed - go back a few years and it was an enormous hassle to return anything.

Thank you for the reply :smile:
And for the good example, think ill definitely include them, would be a good way to look into how online customer service has evolved as you said :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by NatashaLee

Ive always had excellent customer service from First Direct bank. The phone never rings more then twice, is always picked up by a real human and they fix the issue there and then.

I was with Ovivio, the phone company that went bust last week. Called First Direct and they had refunded me my payment within 2 minutes. Excellent customer service.
Reply 4
Original post by Reue
Ive always had excellent customer service from First Direct bank. The phone never rings more then twice, is always picked up by a real human and they fix the issue there and then.

I was with Ovivio, the phone company that went bust last week. Called First Direct and they had refunded me my payment within 2 minutes. Excellent customer service.

Thank you :smile:
Some interesting points, will definitely talk about them
Reply 5
I've received excellent customer service in several Lush stores, they always meet you with a positive attitude, have a small talk with you, help you when you're unsure about something.

It's not like the place (I won't mention store name) where customer service people don't even look you in the eyes, like you are some sort of criminal or never reply back when you say them hello.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending