The Student Room Group

What are my chances of getting in to LSE or Oxford?

Hi!
I study under the CBSE system, as per which I have a 10/10 CGPA in Grade 10.
I'm entering grade 12, and I know I can work hard enough to get my predicted final scores upto a 97+

I'm expecting a SAT of 2200+. As for ECs, I've done MUNs and a service project in Hungary. I also have six years of martial arts under my belt and will give my grade 8 in piano this November. I've also represented my school at and won many spelling bees.

What are my chances of getting into Oxford or LSE?
And will I have to put in my grade 11 marks on the UCAS application? I've been getting mixed answers on the internet.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hey!
I applied to Oxford and LSE after studying under the CBSE board for the 2014 entry. I applied after taking a gap year so I already had my board result in hand.

Your ECs are very impressive but unfortunately UK unis don't care much about ECs UNLESS it's related to your subject. That is why I only mentioned those EC activities that showed I was genuinely interested in my subject (maths). So, I suggest you don't use too much space of your SOP writing about all your ECs but you should definitely talk to more people about this.

I too had a 10 CGPA, but Oxford didn't even ask for my transcript so I don't think they place too much emphasis on that. What I learned from the whole admission process was that Oxford really gives a lot of importance to the written test for the subject you've applied for ( if there iis one). But what matters most is your interview. So even if you have avg grades but perform exceptionally in the test and interview, you'll have a good shot at getting an offer.
If you do get an offer from oxford, it will either be 90 + in each CBSE subject or 2100 in sat reasoning with 700+ in each section and 700+ in 3 sat subject tests. So 97 + predicted is more than enough.

LSE doesn't like taking CBSE students . I may be a bit biased because I received a rejection from them, but a lot of people have told me the same :P Idk how much emphasis they put on your 10th grade CGPA. But they expect a predicted of 95+ in each subject.

I didn't send my 11th marks. A junior of mine from my school who has got a conditional offer from oxford only sent his 10th grade marks. So I don't think you have to send them.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions
Original post by kapur
Hey!
I applied to Oxford and LSE after studying under the CBSE board for the 2014 entry. I applied after taking a gap year so I already had my board result in hand.

Your ECs are very impressive but unfortunately UK unis don't care much about ECs UNLESS it's related to your subject. That is why I only mentioned those EC activities that showed I was genuinely interested in my subject (maths). So, I suggest you don't use too much space of your SOP writing about all your ECs but you should definitely talk to more people about this.

I too had a 10 CGPA, but Oxford didn't even ask for my transcript so I don't think they place too much emphasis on that. What I learned from the whole admission process was that Oxford really gives a lot of importance to the written test for the subject you've applied for ( if there iis one). But what matters most is your interview. So even if you have avg grades but perform exceptionally in the test and interview, you'll have a good shot at getting an offer.
If you do get an offer from oxford, it will either be 90 + in each CBSE subject or 2100 in sat reasoning with 700+ in each section and 700+ in 3 sat subject tests. So 97 + predicted is more than enough.

LSE doesn't like taking CBSE students . I may be a bit biased because I received a rejection from them, but a lot of people have told me the same :P Idk how much emphasis they put on your 10th grade CGPA. But they expect a predicted of 95+ in each subject.

I didn't send my 11th marks. A junior of mine from my school who has got a conditional offer from oxford only sent his 10th grade marks. So I don't think you have to send them.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions

What are the usual offers that LSE gives CBSE students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending