The Student Room Group

My questions about applying for MA TESOL/TEFL with my Bachelor in a different subject

Hi everyone,

I have my BTEC HND in Business Management and a BA Honours 2:1 in Banking and Finance, and my IELTS score is 7.0. After working for some months in a company and doing my part-time job as an English private tutor, I've found myself more interested in teaching English and I also have a great interest in English Language studies. Now, I want to improve my knowledge and ability in teaching English.

Can I be accepted to MA TESOL/TEFL in any UK universities with my current conditions?

Which universities in the UK can I apply to?

Thank you very much and have a good day, everybody :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by williamvo
Hi everyone,

I have my BTEC HND in Business Management and a BA Honours 2:1 in Banking and Finance, and my IELTS score is 7.0. After working for some months in a company and doing my part-time job as an English private tutor, I've found myself more interested in teaching English and I also have a great interest in English Language studies. Now, I want to improve my knowledge and ability in teaching English.

Can I be accepted to MA TESOL/TEFL in any UK universities with my current conditions?

Which universities in the UK can I apply to?

Thank you very much and have a good day, everybody :smile:

hi sorry I can't give you specific advice - your best bet would be to contact your uni's career department as they should give you advice on further study options and some contact details. Also contact the individual uni's.
Do you need an MA in TEFL to teach it? Do you have English A'level that would support your understanding of grammar etc for teaching it? what about getting your CELTA first to see how much you get on with it and if you can get a job with that? maybe even use it to travel?

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending