Claresquestions
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I'm thinking about dropping geography.
If you do it, do you like it?
Are the case studies really that tedious (a lot of people have been telling me that they are?)
What was the coursework like?
Do you regret it at all and would you have taken it if you got to chose your options again?
What exam board are you doing/ did?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Claresquestions)
If you do it do you like it?
Yes, it was one of my favourite GCSEs.

Are the case studies really that tedious (a lot of people have been telling me that they are?)
They are a pain, but people exaggerate. There is quite a bit of information to remember but it's nothing compared to the volume you need for History.

What was the coursework like?
The independent research one was really fun - I did mine on Krill overfishing in the Antarctic and I really enjoyed it. The fieldwork focus one I enjoyed less, but I still wouldn't call it boring.

Do you regret it at all and would you have taken it if you got to chose your options again?
No, and definitely!

But remember, everyone is different. Just because I liked it doesn't mean you will. However, dropping GCSEs generally isn't a good idea and you should definitely discuss it with your teacher first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed