Help for Edexcel linear maths gcse?

Watch
Sahara_ad
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I was wondering how I can achieve my desired grade of an A in maths but I have got no clue as to how to approach revising.

I'm tried taking notes and applying them to questions but they don't work for me.

What is the best method to approach this?
guglemugle
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Past papers are the best way to revise.

1. First make notes on the principles/rules for each topic.
2. Go through the notes, and try to learn them.
3. Print out past papers.
4. At first, you shouldn't worry about answering the papers within exam conditions, go slowly, take your time and check the questions you don't understand in your textbook or notes or online etc.
5. Then check the answers and mark the papers, making notes on the questions you got wrong.
6. Once you start being able to answer most questions without having to use your textbook, try answering the paper within exam conditions.
7. You should aim to do all available past papers at least once, then repeat if you have time.
nathaniakyra
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Write down every topic you need to know and do loads of questions, even if you think you know them.
If you do not understand it, search the topic on youtube and watch videos on it.
Doo looooooooaddddssssssss of practice test papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.47%
Flashcards (46)
18.93%
Revision guides (15)
6.17%
Past papers (115)
47.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.29%

Watched Threads