The Student Room Group

Why is UCL so low for Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Chaps,

I was just wondering why UCL, being such a fantastic university, is so low on the rankings for ME. Why is this? Are the job prospects as flourishing as its reputation as a university, or is this one of its anomaly departments that is far from the forefront of excellent jobs?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Interstellar
Hello Chaps,

I was just wondering why UCL, being such a fantastic university, is so low on the rankings for ME. Why is this? Are the job prospects as flourishing as its reputation as a university, or is this one of its anomaly departments that is far from the forefront of excellent jobs?

Thanks!

It's because MechENG is pretty grim at UCL, their department is often referred to as a dungeon due its location, furthermore UCL is very much the second university in London for Engineering and as such all of the best Academics choose Imperial of UCL.

(NOT biased at all considering I'm an Imperial student :wink: )
Original post by Interstellar
Hello Chaps,

Thanks!

Rankings do not mean anything in terms of getting a job - what matters is you, the individual, as that's what is getting employed.

The degree is accredited, so it can't be that bad.

Quick Reply

Latest