English Edexcel

Watch this thread
m0hd_J
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi
I'm doing English lit and lang through Edexcel. They both count as two GCSEs. Can somebody tell me how many exams we have?
I have studied animal farm and mice of men.
What book relates to which exam?! It's just I keep getting confused.
I know I have one poetry exam.
Also, what kind of questions will I get in these exams? Apparently I will get a question about mice of men in the poetry exam which I didn't think would come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by m0hd_J)
Hi
I'm doing English lit and lang through Edexcel. They both count as two GCSEs. Can somebody tell me how many exams we have?
I have studied animal farm and mice of men.
What book relates to which exam?! It's just I keep getting confused.
I know I have one poetry exam.
Also, what kind of questions will I get in these exams? Apparently I will get a question about mice of men in the poetry exam which I didn't think would come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm assuming you're doing the 2010 specifications. According to the Edexcel website, there is one exam for English Language ("The Writer's Voice") and two exams for English Literature ("Understanding Prose" and "Understanding Poetry"). Since there's only one prose exam for English Literature, I would assume that both Mice of Men and Animal Farm would come up in the "Understanding Prose exam".

To find out what kinds of questions to expect, look at past papers which you can find here and here.

Hope this helps. Obviously, to get the best information, ask your teacher!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads