Anyone used this site before?

Watch
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Has anyone used this site before? is it genuine? It seems too good to be true... https://www.hallmarkbouquets.com/
River85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by A321)
Has anyone used this site before? is it genuine? It seems too good to be true... https://www.hallmarkbouquets.com/
You should never use a site that doesn't have full contact information (address, phone, email). Especially one that only provides an enquiry form - not even an email address.

I believe it's the law for online companies to offer full contact details.
Cerdic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by River85)
You should never use a site that doesn't have full contact information (address, phone, email). Especially one that only provides an enquiry form - not even an email address.

They give an address (see About Us) and an email address (see the Faqs) and on the same section say that they don't offer a telephone service which is fair enough. Just because you can't find them doesn't mean that they're not there.

As to how genuine the site actually is I have no idea. Scam Adviser has no issue with it and if they have an address (also listed on Yell) then they're probably not fake.

EDIT:
Comments on numerous sites seem about as negative as you could get. Wouldn't advise.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  143.9 KB
http://www.webutations.org/go/review...rkbouquets.com etc
River85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by adi19956)
They give an address (see About Us) and an email address (see the Faqs) and on the same section say that they don't offer a telephone service which is fair enough. Just because you can't find them doesn't mean that they're not there.
And my reply to that would be just because they do offer basic information, but effectively hide the information, does not mean there still shouldn't be suspicion.

I expected them to clearly state their full contact information in the "contact us" section. Instead they just offer an enquiry form. This is poor design at the very least.

As for no telephone number, a business should operate a telephone service otherwise there's no easy way to contact them as a matter of urgency, or to easily resolve a complex problem.

They even admit that it may take some time to reply to emails. So not offering a telephone number is unreasonable.

What are you supposed to do if you want to cancel or change an order for example? By the time an email has been received, and is dealt with, the order could have already arrived.

EDIT:
Comments on numerous sites seem about as negative as you could get. Wouldn't advise.
Exactly. With something like this first impressions are important. It took me five seconds, at most, to realise they are probably not worth bothering with. No checking Scam Advisor or googling.

Check contact us section. If they don't offer a telephone number be very wary. If they don't offer a telephone number, postal address or email be even more wary. I'll never bother with a company who don't offer a telephone number.
River85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Andinet)
I agree with adi19956, they seem fine, and they use https and SSL for their payments.
How can a site that doesn't give full, proper contact details seem fine?

There's a difference between not being fake and secure, and actually being a competent company who will make it as easy as possible for a customer to contact them. If a company makes it hard to contact them, steer clear.
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

As to how genuine the site actually is I have no idea. Scam Adviser has no issue with it and if they have an address (also listed on Yell) then they're probably not fake.

EDIT:
Ah Thanks guys! I just tried to email them about their range of flowers etc. However, received a 'delivery failure' email as their inbox is too full. :rolleyes: Definitely wont order from them.
Cerdic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And my reply to that would be just because they do offer basic information, but effectively hide the information, does not mean there still shouldn't be suspicion.

I expected them to clearly state their full contact information in the "contact us" section. Instead they just offer an enquiry form. This is poor design at the very least.

As for no telephone number, a business should operate a telephone service otherwise there's no easy way to contact them as a matter of urgency, or to easily resolve a complex problem.

They even admit that it may take some time to reply to emails. So not offering a telephone number is unreasonable.

What are you supposed to do if you want to cancel or change an order for example? By the time an email has been received, and is dealt with, the order could have already arrived.

Exactly. With something like this first impressions are important. It took me five seconds, at most, to realise they are probably not worth bothering with. No checking Scam Advisor or googling.

Check contact us section. If they don't offer a telephone number be very wary. If they don't offer a telephone number, postal address or email be even more wary. I'll never bother with a company who don't offer a telephone number.
Well I can't easily find a contact details for Amazon, they do exist, and they have a phone number, but it's not easy.

Website design shouldn't be a prerequisite for being trustworthy. Some/ many very trustworthy businesses cannot afford/ don't know where to find website designers and lack skills to do it themselves and basic knowledge of normal page layout.
Continuing on from this a good website and a phone number wouldn't mean that I trust a website, I always look for a combination of these things and reviews from customers.
River85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I can't easily find a contact details for Amazon, they do exist, and they have a phone number, but it's not easy.
That's very different. Amazon are a large multi-national, who still have a substantial help section.

I'm referring specifically to small and medium size business' here.

Website design shouldn't be a prerequisite for being trustworthy. Some/ many very trustworthy businesses cannot afford/ don't know where to find website designers and lack skills to do it themselves and basic knowledge of normal page layout.
Yes, I do realise that (though practically anyone whose reasonably IT litereate can design a decent website). But it doesn't exactly take someone particularly knowledgeable and talented to realise that contact details should be placed in a "contact us" section of a website, does it?

I'm not saying that if a company has a well designed website, and contact details, I won't do further research. I'm just saying that if they don't have a well designed website and contact details I will immediately dismiss it and not even waste my time consulting customer reviews (which could well be fake).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (59)
29.06%
No (144)
70.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed