The Student Room Group

Coca-Cola

"They say coco-cola is more available than water is some countries"
Just why is Coco-Cola so popular? The most recognised logo in the world is that of a sugary, bad for you and distincley average tasting fizzy liquid that is coke. The brand is massive, but most certainly due to it's main seller: coke. This is why I think it's a global powerhouse:

>Dominance: is some places you are literally forced to buy it as you have no choice, e.g fast food place, convience stores, its literally everywhere where food is bought in whatever form. So people dont realise they don't really have a choice and just buy it as they usually do, thus more coke is bought.

>Advertisement, how many of those bloody adverts have you seen advertising that coke zero? Exactly, every break they've managed to squeeze one in so we become more and more tempted to buy this product. The fact that coca-cola can easily afford the most advertisement keeps them on top.

>Availability: it's the most avalable soft drink in the world: pubs, clubs, supermarkets, vending machines, it's everywhere.

>Use: not only can it be used for casual drinking, but it can be mixed with alcohol aking it appealing to an even wider consumer. JD & coke, vodka & coke, these are worldwide favorites, and 90% of these drinks uses coca-cola.

I can't see coca-cola as a brand 'dying' for atleast 50+ years, they are thought to produce billions of gallons of softdrink everyday with they're popularity growing all the time.
Reply 1
distincley average tasting fizzy liquid that is coke

That's your personal taste, not everyone thinks it's 'average tasting', a lot of people like it - hence why they buy it.

>Advertisement, how many of those bloody adverts have you seen advertising that coke zero?

Not that many myself. Just watch less TV.

>Availability: it's the most avalable soft drink in the world: pubs, clubs, supermarkets, vending machines, it's everywhere

>Use: not only can it be used for casual drinking, but it can be mixed with alcohol aking it appealing to an even wider consumer. JD & coke, vodka & coke, these are worldwide favorites, and 90% of these drinks uses coca-cola

*gasp*.......so?

I like coke, I'm not someone who drinks it constantly but I do like the taste of it (the diet one I don't like the taste of though) but you don't seem to be making a valid point at all. If people like the tase of it why shouldn't they be able to buy it? We know it's bad for us, you have to be pretty stupid to think that's it's a healthy drink but it's only really someone who's downing it constantly that I'd try and take off it. But it's not as bad as the likes of alcohol, cigarettes and drugs.

You can easily buy water and juice, every pub, club and shop I've ever been to sells both of them, so I see no problem.
Reply 2
Coca Cola is one of those drinks that never grow old, some may not enjoy the taste, but others myself included, do.

Quick Reply

Latest