Anyone else have a weird taste in music?

Watch
Abby_W31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Rather than most modern music I prefer some of the stuff that my parents listen to and I also prefer some Disney sound tracks to some of todays music like 1D or whoever.

Seriously, my top five played songs in Itunes are-
1) Rotterdam (Or Anywhere)
2) Footloose
3) Can you Feel the Love tonight?
4) Dance with me tonight (Yes by Olly Murs but off the Muppets sound track. I'd also like the original but haven't bothered buying it because I have this version)
5)Mamma Mia

What about you?
sophieta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm an itty bitty white girl but I love me some hip hop. Biggie, Wu Tang, Cypress Hill, Nas, Chance, Tech N9ne, OutKast, Immortal Technique, J Dilla, Mos Def, A Tribe called Quest, De La Soul, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, DMX, Ice Cube.
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha your music taste sounds identical to mine based on your top 5 and the fact you like old stuff as well as 1D.

I also love opera, which I guess is weird for someone my age but I don't think I have weird taste in music
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My taste in music are contradictions, I like songs like Frozen's let it go, Lion King's Can you feel the love tonight and Mike Schimdt's Show you my love but I also like Last Resort by Papa Roach, Last Night by Skillet and I Hate Everything about you by Three Day Grace. I told my friends the former and they said that they expected it and told them the latter and asked me "You must be joking?".

They're awesome bands, just saying.
AKWxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
that's not unusual at all,its actually quite common

Posted from TSR Mobile
The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm currently into this neo-80s, slow, synth-heavy stuff. Check out Nightcall by Kavinsky below:

username638250
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Dragonborn)
I'm currently into this neo-80s, slow, synth-heavy stuff. Check out Nightcall by Kavinsky below:

I love 'Odd Look' by him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FireGarden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My favourite album at the moment has its tracks names after animal diseases. That always makes people think its a bit weird, but the actual music isn't nearly as disturbing as that. It is a bit dissonant at times, though.

The title track:
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love Disney Soundtracks I just had a private session on Spotify so I can listen without my friends telling me they've lost all respect for me
fabstrawberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love most 80s and 90s stuff. Queen, Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, etc
It's so different from other girls my age though, who mostly idolize miley cyrus.. :confused:
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Firenze26)
My taste in music are contradictions, I like songs like Frozen's let it go, Lion King's Can you feel the love tonight and Mike Schimdt's Show you my love but I also like Last Resort by Papa Roach, Last Night by Skillet and I Hate Everything about you by Three Day Grace. I told my friends the former and they said that they expected it and told them the latter and asked me "You must be joking?".

They're awesome bands, just saying.
I'm the exact same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bulbasaur
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All this music is normal. I am dissapoint. Try this.

The_Dragonborn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yl95)
I love 'Odd Look' by him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Odd Look is good too, but I find it's a bit too heavy on the synth, and Sebastian's vocals are quite lost in it (although that is rather signature of his style) but I find it a bit annoying. Pacific Coast Highway is great, but I'd prefer it without that reporter guy cutting in every 30 or so seconds.
rich1334
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I pretty much only listen to DragonForce with a bit of Dire Straits thrown in.

Cannot wait until I see DF live in Leeds in October!
Platinum Mech
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've noticed that a lot of the music that I listen to is late 80s/early 90s synthpop. An awful lot of modern music just doesn't interest me.
username638250
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Dragonborn)
Odd Look is good too, but I find it's a bit too heavy on the synth, and Sebastian's vocals are quite lost in it (although that is rather signature of his style) but I find it a bit annoying. Pacific Coast Highway is great, but I'd prefer it without that reporter guy cutting in every 30 or so seconds.
I prefer the version with The Weeknd. I'll make sure to check out 'Pacific Coast Highway'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rosheen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I normally like listening to anything that is fast-paced, catchy, etc. But what I tend to mostly listen to nowadays is deathcore, screamo, rock/punk, heavy metal, that sort of stuff. If you're interested, bands like Suicide Silence, Alesana, Blessthefall, The Strokes, Bring Me The Horizon, and such. For some reason, I like Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and old songs that my parents like to listen to. Even pop songs, if they ever come on the radio, I find catchy. Just as long it isn't 1D or Justing Bieber or anything that mainstream, then I'm good.
username909838
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I prefer 60s music. Favourite band are The Beatles but I love The Kinks, Bob Dylan, The Who and The Rolling Stones. All music from that generation is top quality. I'm into the psychedelic stuff as well: Cream, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix etc.

I'm also a massive fan of David Bowie, The Jam, The Smiths, Oasis and Joy Division. The more recent musicians I listen to are Arctic Monkeys, Jake Bugg and I quite like Amy McDonald.

I wouldn't say my music taste is weird, but I don't find too many people with the same taste. I can always tell when someone is into the same music, though. We have that same style; the same haircut. Modern music doesn't interest me, I prefer songs with meaning and great lyrics.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't call my taste in music 'weird' seeing as I do like a lot of conventional stuff but I do have a very varied taste in music. I can go from listening to Blondie one minute and then listening to Slayer the next. I like all different genres including Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Reggae, Ska, New Wave, Alternative, Trace, Drum n' Base, House, Country, Grunge, Rock n' Roll and Punk. Listen to what you enjoy, whatever that might be, rather than trying to be trendy.
Kandybars
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think my taste is unlimited really and I can like anything and everything from any genre. Also, because I do music tech, we've been exploring music from every decade since like 1920 and I've enjoyed it all. I especially loved learning about the cultural changes that came with each new genre and seeing how they have been merged together to create all sorts with endless possibilities.

My iTunes consists of: Lady Gaga, Arctic Monkeys, Justin Bieber, Queen, Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, Blur, Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae, Macklemore, Rick Astley, Adele, Blondie, Breach, The 1975, The Wombats, McFly, Two door cinema club, The Vamps, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Eurhythmics, Miles Davis, Aqua, a bunch of classical stuff, random hard rock(after enjoying so much of it in music tech...oh and then I added some metal...actually surprised myself by liking some slipknot), songs from musicals (hairspray, grease, hsm), Internet stuff (ain't nobody got time for that, dead giveaway)...etc, etc.

I don't think it's right to judge others' taste in music and everyone should get along as music is what brings people together Also, I strongly believe that good can be found in every genre. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (39)
14.72%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (85)
32.08%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (32)
12.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.68%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.28%
I think it's an unfair expectation (69)
26.04%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.13%

Watched Threads