Muslims plotting to murder the Queen

Watch
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-matches.html

Told to target the Queen at sporting events. I have no doubt such action would lead to all out civil war
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Exactly who would be fighting who here?
There's probably at most only a few thousand people in the country who believe in this kind of stuff, and they can easily just pretend they don't for a while if they're at risk.
I don't think a few thousand versus "everyone else" really constitutes a civil war.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
There's probably at most only a few thousand people in the country who believe in this kind of stuff, and they can easily just pretend they don't for a while if they're at risk.
I don't think a few thousand versus "everyone else" really constitutes a civil war.
Or if it does, it'd be a really short one.
Observatory
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Killing the Queen is one of the few ways they could create a solid consensus in this country for inflicting tremendous damage on them in retaliation, without achieving any strategic or military objective of value whatsoever.

Note this story is talking about orders coming from Syria.
Ace123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Manitude)
You are vastly underestimating the reaction I think
Snagprophet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Observatory)
Note this story is talking about orders coming from Syria.
Well at least we know where we're going to nuke should this scenario occur.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Well at least we know where we're going to nuke should this scenario occur.
You can't be serious? :eek: You'd nuke an entire country (of 22 million people) just because a tiny fraction of the population decided that they wanted to kill the queen?
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
You can't be serious? :eek: You'd nuke an entire country (of 22 million people) just because a tiny fraction of the population decided that they wanted to kill the queen?
Well it's going to get invaded then. Unless we're going to abolish consequences.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well it's going to get invaded then. Unless we're going to abolish consequences.
What are you talking about? :confused: You said that we should nuke Syria, not invade them? Have you changed your mind?

Besides, why would we bother invading them anyway? Is the death of the Queen so important that we must go to war with another country?
Tufto
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ace123)
Muslims plotting to murder the Queen
...Could you not have picked a slightly better and less inflammatory title for this thread?!?
Ace123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tufto)
...Could you not have picked a slightly better and less inflammatory title for this thread?!?
The title is accurate muslims have been plotting to murder the queen
Tufto
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The title is accurate muslims have been plotting to murder the queen
Yes, but that's like saying "Atheists murdered millions in the Holodomor". Technically true, but not very helpful. "Jihadists" would maybe have been slightly better .
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are you talking about? :confused: You said that we should nuke Syria, not invade them? Have you changed your mind?

Besides, why would we bother invading them anyway? Is the death of the Queen so important that we must go to war with another country?
To neutralise this attack.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To neutralise this attack.
So do you still want to nuke Syria, or what? Why is the queen so important that we must attack the whole of Syria?

(You keep ignoring my questions and respond using very vague statements)
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...p-matches.html

Told to target the Queen at sporting events. I have no doubt such action would lead to all out civil war
Wow that'd be some sweet entertainment if they pick the opening of the Commonwealth Games, I've a decent seating position for that.
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In the fantasy of the far right, an attack by extremists on the Queen would lead to an uprising from the majority of Britons against Muslims, smashing Muslim properties like Germans did to the Jews in Nazi Germany, hounding them out of the country.

I expect the unpalatable truth for the far right is that, in the event of that attack on the Queen, there would be some small scale outbreaks of rioting from the EDL/BNP types and a few attacks on mosques, but not only would these not be supported by the majority of the British people but also the establishment would be strongly condeming these 'revenge attacks', including all major political parties, and the British judiciary would inflict harsh sentences for anybody that posted hate and threats of violence against Muslims on twitter/facebook.

Also the number of British people trying to declare war on all random Muslims would probably not even be as large as the number of British people who started coming out with lines like "the monarchy are just parasites anyway".

And given the state of cuts to the military, I'm not sure there would even be scope for a retaliatory war against a Middle Eastern country, unless the US was prepared to give us major military support. We could have a go at Iran and ask Israel for military support and probably find them accommodating but even there, beyond airstrikes its unlikely a long occupation eg Iraq / Afghanistan would be feasible.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You mean like how we invaded the Republic of Ireland because of the IRA? Oh yeah, right, that didn't happen.
TheLionHearted
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know this is crazy but, what if it actually happened? The whole western world, and the UK in particular, would be furious. Intolerance for Muslim would rise to an unprecedented level. Attacks on Muslims would be seen across the world. So it makes me wonder, why would these men in Syria want to kill the Queen? She doesn't make any decisions in this country any more. So, if you wanted to get rid of the Muslims in this country, what would you do?
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheLionHearted)
So it makes me wonder, why would these men in Syria want to kill the Queen?
Could it be because our monarchs are related to European monarchs and consequently to the tribes of Israel?
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes we would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (453)
14.8%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (342)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (426)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (145)
4.74%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (186)
6.08%
Loneliness (263)
8.59%
Financial worries (111)
3.63%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.46%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.79%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.38%

Watched Threads