The Student Room Group

What is the recruitment day at QA apprenticeships like?

For software and web development?
Reply 1
Original post by JHim
For software and web development?

I did this back in October. I was not too bad and began as follows. Everyone is in a room on a u- shape table while the QA guys give a presentation. Then to break the ice each person receives a question they must ask everyone else individually( e.g we had " what your favourite animal and why", "your fav superhero and why", "what 3 things would you have on an island" ect questions like these). We all fcked around and answered with he most stupid answers- one of the funniest days of my life. When we had asked each person we all sat down again and went from person to person revealing what everyone else said. The guys would question on your choices throughout this. After that we are grouped depending on what area we are applying for. I did software development and web development too. You have to do some IQ test and to pass you need 15 out of 20. If you fail this you leave and if you pass you stay for a jokingly easy interview. Then spend like an hour writing up a personal statement type letter which they will pass on to employers. For me I got nothing out of it accept a good laugh but good luck what ever happens
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply! What was the IQ test like? Was it just based on maths or things like logical thinking as well? Can you tell me what kind of questions they asked during the interview?
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
I'm also interested to know about the IQ test if anyone has info
Reply 5
Original post by Jake_JLB
I'm also interested to know about the IQ test if anyone has info

Just as a future reference for anyone in the future who is worried I'll give you some advice. Don't give silly answers during the ice breaking phase since they are judging your answers so make sure you give the impression your passionate about whatever field your applying for. The aptitude for software development is 20 questions and it consisted of logical questions that involved pseduo code etc and the last 5 questions were non verbal reasoning. You need to get 15/20 on the aptitude test to continue. The test can be a bit difficult as some of the questions seem to be strangely worded for the sake of trying to confuse you as much possible.
Original post by EL_Horse
Just as a future reference for anyone in the future who is worried I'll give you some advice. Don't give silly answers during the ice breaking phase since they are judging your answers so make sure you give the impression your passionate about whatever field your applying for. The aptitude for software development is 20 questions and it consisted of logical questions that involved pseduo code etc and the last 5 questions were non verbal reasoning. You need to get 15/20 on the aptitude test to continue. The test can be a bit difficult as some of the questions seem to be strangely worded for the sake of trying to confuse you as much possible.
Hi mate,Can you please give me some more advice about the recruitment day!thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending