The Student Room Group

AS-level physics and Chemistry revision help

Hello, I am a student retaking year 12 due to illness from last year. I am taking further maths physics and chemistry as my AS-levels. I really cannot afford to mess up my exams this year, as my school has made it clear that if i don't pass the exams they won't be able to secure me a space anymore, so i would be much appreciated if anybody could give me advice on how i can effectively revise for my chemistry and physics exams.
mark schemes are like a god
I'm currently in Year 12, going over everything in the spec for physics helped me quite a lot, I did try to do the same for chemistry but got bored :P Going through the spec is a very long and boring way of approaching it but it will work because they can't ask you anything except what is on the spec. The other way which works just as well if not better is practice paper after practice paper. Most questions are similar each year so doing loads of past papers really helps because you are almost guaranteed to get a question that is basically the same or similar to one that you have already looked at. If you finish a past paper and find you did badly on a specific topic see what part of that topic you seemed to fail in and do some extra revision/notes on it until you understand it better.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest