The Student Room Group

Feeling jealous when I see Indian guys with Non-Indian girls.

Scroll to see replies

Thanks I am an Asian male and got a massive ego boost from this! I hope more indian girls are like you OP, truly inspirational!
Original post by CastleRose47
I find myself being attracted to people of other races too. That is probably why this bothers me so much. Over the past month I have really seen guys of other races with Indian girls. But I have seen plenty the other way around so it kinda feels like a double rejection you know? :redface:

Yeah I know. That feeling that no race wants your race because it's YOUR race. Black girls get it bad. The amount of jokes like black girls are rude, they smell, they're loud. And what's worse is it's universal, so everyone carries this awful stereotype. *sigh* But the feeling comes and goes. And it will go. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by stephanieuwa
Yeah I know. That feeling that no race wants your race because it's YOUR race. Black girls get it bad. The amount of jokes like black girls are rude, they smell, they're loud. And what's worse is it's universal, so everyone carries this awful stereotype. *sigh* But the feeling comes and goes. And it will go. :smile:

Yeah I know, the amount of **** Black girls get on TSR makes me furious. Props to you for remaining strong <3
Reply 23
Original post by neal95
Thanks I am an Asian male and got a massive ego boost from this! I hope more indian girls are like you OP, truly inspirational!

oh shut up :rolleyes:
Reply 24
Firstly I would just like to make it clear, I know how stupid this is. And this isn't coming from a racist place at all and I truly believe people should be with whoever they want. Also, I have depression which probably is the main reason for my negative thought process. I had stopped my medications for a while but I've started again recently so it will take a while for it to take effect.

Recently I have started to become really insecure with myself. Moving on to my worries. I get really insecure when I see guys on my race (Indian as in from India) with girls of other races. Usually I see it going both ways meaning I see girls of my race with guys of other races just as much as guys of my race with girls of other races so it never used to bother me all that much. These days (over the past month or so) I see more guys of my race with girls of other races than the other way around. Esp. since there is this celebrity that seems to have a thing for girls of other races. And it hurts esp. because I have a bit of a crush on this celebrity. I know he’s just a celeb and I have no chance but it still hurts. I know it is totally irrational. But I don’t only see this with celebs I see it in real life too. And I basically take this as an automatic rejection (of me AND girls of other races). I feel like they just like girls of other races better than us. And girls of other races are overall just better than us which is silly.

I’m starting to obsess over it and get really bothered by it. This insecurity and the fear that this trend will continue is kind of taking over my mind. I absolutely HATE myself for getting bothered by this. I wish I could just ignore it or not even see colour and race when I see a couple you know? I wish I could somehow not even notice and not keep count of many couples I’ve seen of this combination than the other way around etc.

But the reality is it is bothering me. And I’m ashamed. I want to be able to not be hurt or bothered when I see guys on my race with girls of other races. Even if I never see girls of my race with guys of other races. I want to still able to feel confident and comfortable within myself and not let it affect my self-esteem so much. How do I do this? I am so scared I am going to BECOME racist if I keep thinking like this.

I try to distract myself but yesterday alone I saw 5 couples like this (Indian guy with non-indian girls). And today I thought ok I need to stop thinking like this so I decided to distract myself and go watch a movie with my friend and THERE I saw two more. Its like something just wants to prove me right. I dunno....

Indian girls on TSR, do you ever feel this way? Not so extreme as me but just a little bit? It wouldn't bother me if it was equal both ways.

Thanks

EDIT: I even hate having to make a thread like this on here because I KNOW some Indian guys will look at this and get an ego boost.

Also, from your observations, do you see more Indian guys with Non-Indian girls or Indian girls with Non-Indian guys?

Numbers of white people> Numbers of Indian people in UK
Therefore its probably easier to find a white gf/bf if you are an Indian person.....
Reply 25
Siddharth Malhotra. Don't judge but he is gorg.:tongue:

Ex gf oh his is a hot as hell white chick. He's also seeing someone right now who is white. Great hahhaah, they're beautiful girls though both of them, so can't blame him.

I'm a Indian male.

I've been rejected by Indian girls, primarily because they don't want to date while in education. I think you see more Indian guys with other races because they may have been rejected by Indian girls and therefore this rejection has led them to seek out women from other races.

Or maybe they're just experimenting with other races before they settle down with a Indian girl.

Or maybe because they've been raised in Britain and Western society they may not have been around many Indian girls while growing up and therefore they're more attracted to women of races they're familiar with (if that makes sense).
Yeah I know, the amount of **** Black girls get on TSR makes me furious. Props to you for remaining strong <3

There is no other way.

Lemme tell you something: People are bitches. They are bitches. But hey. You gotta play the game. Move on. Not everyone is gonna recognize your fabulousness :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by jay2013
I'm a Indian male.

I've been rejected by Indian girls, primarily because they don't want to date while in education. I think you see more Indian guys with other races because they may have been rejected by Indian girls and therefore this rejection has led them to seek out women from other races.

Or maybe they're just experimenting with other races before they settle down with a Indian girl.

Or maybe because they've been raised in Britain and Western society they may not have been around many Indian girls while growing up and therefore they're more attracted to women of races they're familiar with (if that makes sense).

Hmmm...so do you see more Indian guys with other races than the other way around as well?
Probably. To be fair I don't want to judge him too harshly. I guess when you are in that situation its easy to say ''I hate my culture'' because unfortunately it is a part of our culture and it must be hard being a victim of it. But at the same time, labelling everyone as the same is just as bad as what's being done to him. Hope he will open up his mind as he grows older. How old is he?

17 but I also think his relative imply they want him to marry someone of his culture an I imagine that kind of repression pushes people away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Starrydog
17 but I also think his relative imply they want him to marry someone of his culture an I imagine that kind of repression pushes people away

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely. He's young though. I think when I was his age (not that I'm much older now lol) I used to think like that as well but then I grew up (kinda lol).
Reply 30
I'm British Indian who's in a relationship with a white British girl. To be honest, I just find your post quite discouraging to some of the people who are open-minded, like me. I got with my girlfriend full well knowing that I would face family restrictions, there is a cultural difference etc etc like you know. But the best part is that she understands this about me, and I understand things about her. We've been together for more than a year and a half now.

You don't have any reason to feel jealous or 'left out' as you make yourself out to be. The right guy will come along whether he's white, black, East Asian, South Asian whatever. I think in this day and age you can't be tied down too much by what others think but know what is right for you. Yes, parents are involved but its up to you to convince them. You need to accept that as you grow older you will see more of interracial relationships and there's nothing wrong with it apart from what you perceive it as personally.

Tbh, you're just feeling bitter that a person like Sid who's a celebrity can get with anyone he wants. But you need to get rid of that. You just have an obsession over him. To get rid of that, think of as many things as you can which are really bad about him. If you do that, you'll slowly start to dislike him in that obsessive kind of way and you'll come to realise there are other guys whom you have a chance with.

It's not about race anymore in this day and age. Everyone is beautiful from whatever place they come from.

P.S. if you're complaining you're not going to get an Indian guy - there are over 650 million Indian men worldwide. You're spoilt for choice :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Doesn't mean he has to hate his entire culture and the people that belong to it. His culture and background isn't limited to his external family. Btw, I despise people like his family too with their narrow mindedness.

Sorry to butt into your conversation but surely it is quite narrow minded of you to judge him and his family based on the small bit of information you have been given, and to draw the assumption that you "despise" him and that "you wouldn't put much value in his opinion " based on this small detail you have been told by some random person. :confused:
How can you judge someone on such a tiny detail??
Reply 32
Hmmm...so do you see more Indian guys with other races than the other way around as well?

It's pretty average for both sides I think. I know a Indian guy who's from London, and, from a heterosexual male point of view, he's easily a 9/10 with a six-pack and everything (god that sounds so gay! lol). But he's dating a white Irish girl who is honestly a 10/10. I know plenty of other guys who are dating non-Indian girls and I know Indian girls who are dating non-Indian guys.

Personally I want to date women from other races, but I want to marry an Indian girl. I want to experiment with white girls, black girls, oriental girls and girls of other races before I get married because when I do settle down I'm never ever getting divorced.

The reason for it is this. We're all going to die one day. Death is natural. Death is inevitable. I want to live and have some fun while I'm alive.
Reply 33
Original post by jay2013
It's pretty average for both sides I think. I know a Indian guy who's from London, and, from a heterosexual male point of view, he's easily a 9/10 with a six-pack and everything (god that sounds so gay! lol). But he's dating a white Irish girl who is honestly a 10/10. I know plenty of other guys who are dating non-Indian girls and I know Indian girls who are dating non-Indian guys.

Personally I want to date women from other races, but I want to marry an Indian girl. I want to experiment with white girls, black girls, oriental girls and girls of other races before I get married because when I do settle down I'm never ever getting divorced.

The reason for it is this. We're all going to die one day. Death is natural. Death is inevitable. I want to live and have some fun while I'm alive.

You're not turned off by any of other races? You have a big heart, my friend.
Reply 34
Original post by Lakesx
Sorry to butt into your conversation but surely it is quite narrow minded of you to judge him and his family based on the small bit of information you have been given, and to draw the assumption that you "despise" him and that "you wouldn't put much value in his opinion " based on this small detail you have been told by some random person. :confused:
How can you judge someone on such a tiny detail??

No its not because I genuinely think that is a disgusting quality. All of them could very well be lovely people otherwise but I still wouldn't be able to respect them much because of this.
Reply 35
Original post by Stickman
You're not turned off by any of other races? You have a big heart, my friend.

There will be some white women who I feel attracted to and some white women I don't feel attracted to. The same goes with black women, oriental women, and women from every other race. I will be attracted to some women from a particular race and not attracted to other women from the same particular race, if that makes any sense.
Reply 36
Original post by jay2013
There will be some white women who I feel attracted to and some white women I don't feel attracted to. The same goes with black women, oriental women, and women from every other race. I will be attracted to some women from a particular race and not attracted to other women from the same particular race, if that makes any sense.

Ah yes, I see what you mean.
Reply 37
Original post by Stickman
I'm British Indian who's in a relationship with a white British girl. To be honest, I just find your post quite discouraging to some of the people who are open-minded, like me. I got with my girlfriend full well knowing that I would face family restrictions, there is a cultural difference etc etc like you know. But the best part is that she understands this about me, and I understand things about her. We've been together for more than a year and a half now.

You don't have any reason to feel jealous or 'left out' as you make yourself out to be. The right guy will come along whether he's white, black, East Asian, South Asian whatever. I think in this day and age you can't be tied down too much by what others think but know what is right for you. Yes, parents are involved but its up to you to convince them. You need to accept that as you grow older you will see more of interracial relationships and there's nothing wrong with it apart from what you perceive it as personally.

Tbh, you're just feeling bitter that a person like Sid who's a celebrity can get with anyone he wants. But you need to get rid of that. You just have an obsession over him. To get rid of that, think of as many things as you can which are really bad about him. If you do that, you'll slowly start to dislike him in that obsessive kind of way and you'll come to realise there are other guys whom you have a chance with.

It's not about race anymore in this day and age. Everyone is beautiful from whatever place they come from.

P.S. if you're complaining you're not going to get an Indian guy - there are over 650 million Indian men worldwide. You're spoilt for choice :tongue:

Hey I think you've misunderstood me. I really didn't mean to discourage you. And like I've already said in my post I have nothing against interracial relationships at all. Infact I'm all for it. And the Sid example was a stupid one lol Ignore it

The thing that's bothering me is me seeing (over the past month) more Indian guys with Non-Indian girls THAN Indian girls with Non-Indian guys. It wouldn't bother me if it was the same both ways. You know what I mean?
Reply 38
Is that a copy paste post??? I defo saw exactly same one before!
Reply 39
No its not because I genuinely think that is a disgusting quality. All of them could very well be lovely people otherwise but I still wouldn't be able to respect them much because of this.

So you are saying that you would not respect someone SIMPLY because they do not tie themselves to their cultural background regardless of how honorable or good they were??:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending