When Do The Mods Come Online?

Watch
Serendipitee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I think we can all agree that TSR has far too many trolls, and it needs more moderation

So how do I tell if the mods are on the prowl? For example they are definitely out tonight :yep:
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Mods are strange, lurking creatures. Typically they are not present during the hours when the sun is exalted. At those times, look in crypts beneath dusty old buildings. During the night watches - tremble! :afraid:
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
The Mods are strange, lurking creatures. Typically they are not present during the hours when the sun is exalted. At those times, look in crypts beneath dusty old buildings. During the night watches - tremble! :afraid:
PRSOM

But srsly when do they come out of the gym/lectures/whatever mods do when they hibernate etc. and keep an eye on the TSR?

If we had more mods online, it would drive trolls away :yep: I vote we give some trolls modding powers to convert them into mods.
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Serendipitee)
I think we can all agree that TSR has far too many trolls, and it needs more moderation

So how do I tell if the mods are on the prowl? For example they are definitely out tonight :yep:
Why do you have such a hard on for the mods?

Neither of your troll accounts are funny.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gjaykay)
Why do you have such a hard on for the mods?

Neither of your troll accounts are funny.
Seems like one for the Mods to investigate.
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
I want them to investigate me

But in all seriousness this is a half serious discussion, I was actually talking to Potally Tissed and de_monies on Chat the other day about how all mods are volunteers and TSR needs full time ones who are online around the ****.
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh please, they know exactly who he is, it's not much of an 'investigation'
The mods are only here to card you when some oversensitive jackass reports you for disagreeing with them.
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
:rofl:

OP, mods don't have a set time. They are volunteers after all, its not a paid job. Mods come on when they can. Each mod is given a section of TSR to moderate, though not on their own, they share the section sometimes I think. Depends how busy it is I guess.

Edit: Just realised that this is not actually serious :lol:
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
(Original post by AMYC1999)
:rofl:

OP, mods don't have a set time. They are volunteers after all, its not a paid job. Mods come on when they can. Each mod is given a section of TSR to moderate, though not on their own, they share the section sometimes I think. Depends how busy it is I guess.
We do actually need them online more regularly, though. AFAIK, someone can come online for a couple of minutes a day and still be classed as a full-time mod? :dontknow: Trolls run rife on some of the forums here, it's not good if it's outside Chat :nope:
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mods come out when the question is asked.
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robbie242)
Mods come out when the question is asked.
What question? The Oldest Question In The Universe?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gjaykay)
Oh please, they know exactly who he is, it's not much of an 'investigation'
I like to picture the Moddies in select drawing rooms with posh dinner jackets, discussing the latest crime against TSR in crisp, Holmesian tones, before a blazing fire. Oh how I would love to be Watson in that scene!
miser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Speaking for myself, I'm online usually when I should be working.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We already know who you are.

srs

But in all seriousness this is a half serious discussion, I was actually talking to Potally Tissed and de_monies on Chat the other day about how all mods are volunteers and TSR needs full time ones who are online around the ****.
:teehee:

Mod activity is sporadic, we have some people on in the wee hours of the morning, and some people on into the dusk. We don't have shift work or rotas, and really just do what we can, when we can. Chat is a very trollful forum, and a lot of the problem is just lack of numbers. We don't have enough mods in Chat relative to the rule-breaking activity that goes on in there (look on the right under the "moderators" widget to see who has powers in the subforum you're in), and this is really just a problem with recruitment.
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What question? The Oldest Question In The Universe?
a typical mod: ''We have ruled your lives since your lives began. You should kill us all on sight. But you will never remember. We weren't even here. Your will is ours!''
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miser)
:lol:

Though I'm not a mod, this.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

In my experience, this hinders moderation.
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
We already know who you are.

srs

:teehee:

Mod activity is sporadic, we have some people on in the wee hours of the morning, and some people on into the dusk. We don't have shift work or rotas, and really just do what we can, when we can. Chat is a very trollful forum, and a lot of the problem is just lack of numbers. We don't have enough mods in Chat relative to the rule-breaking activity that goes on in there (look on the right under the "moderators" widget to see who has powers in the subforum you're in), and this is really just a problem with recruitment.
I don't think trolling in Chat is actually the biggest problem, TBH I troll all the time in there; unless someone's being a complete tosser to others I don't see why it's a problem as it's meant to be a fun forum :dontknow:

Trolling on the other forums is definitely a problem, though. There are people who keep making the same threads over and over again and the mods never seem to mind. (E.g. a guy in Relationships).

Could TSR not recruit for more mods, across the board? If you guys do a survey, I'm pretty sure most people will say that you need more mods, not less ones.
Serendipitee
Rep:
?
(Original post by miser)
Soz, didn't mean to put you guys down I don't think mods should make more of an effort individually. I think the forum needs more mods. Is there a quota on how many you can have or something?
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
In my experience, this hinders moderation.
There's a good title for a BBC3 show if we ever heard one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.78%
No (645)
65.22%

Watched Threads