The Student Room Group

What time do you go to sleep?

Scroll to see replies

I **** you not, I went 72 hours with 0 hours of sleep.

During school days in year 9 (had a competition with 2 mates and we had a Facebook group chat where each of us had to reply at least once every 30 minutes to prove we were awake)

I eventually fell asleep while watching the mechanic on my laptop on the sofa around 6am, I then was awoken at 8am and went to school - 88 hours of being awake with 2 hours of sleep by the time I got home and went straight to bed..
Original post by Pisces20
Im year 12 student and I have the worst sleeping patterns. I have college at 8:30 and usually get up at 7-7:15. However no matter how early I get to bed I can never get to sleep before midnight. I suffer badly throughout the day if I don't get my 8 sleep, causing me to sleep in the afternoons meaning I don't get any school work done :/

I've tried sleep hypnosis apps on my phone etc they worked for a few weeks, I would fall asleep within the first 20 mins of the recording. However now I stay awake for the whole thing..

Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it? especially now that exams will be comming soon and I really don't want to miss out on my sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an Executive Producer, which on one hand means I get paid between 80 and 120 pounds an hour.

On the other hand, it means I run a recording studio and have to work whenever it suits the client - so my sleeping times are exactly that - sleeping times. If I have a break between 4am and 9am, I sleep. If I have a break between 3pm and 10pm, I sleep.

It's as simple as that - when there's time, I sleep. Where there isn't, I'm working.
But at least I'm doing what I love :smile:
Original post by Original_Guy
I **** you not, I went 72 hours with 0 hours of sleep.

During school days in year 9 (had a competition with 2 mates and we had a Facebook group chat where each of us had to reply at least once every 30 minutes to prove we were awake)

I eventually fell asleep while watching the mechanic on my laptop on the sofa around 6am, I then was awoken at 8am and went to school - 88 hours of being awake with 2 hours of sleep by the time I got home and went straight to bed..

Shame you picked The Mechanic dude, once you saw the first 30 minutes, the rest of the film is obvious and boring.

Want to stay up? Come chill with me - I'm like a doctor constantly on 24 hour call with no exceptions - this last week, I started a recording session at 9am and finished at 11pm, got the last train home, slept for 2 hours, then was back in the studio at 4am, until 10pm, went through overnight mixing, until my next session where I was working 15 hours, then I went out to the pub with some mates, came back and did a 24 hour recording session with a 2 hour break, and finished with a 13 hour mastering session. Went home, (surprisingly caught my mum at the train station - she was on the inbound train, I had just got off the outbound train at 8am - who was curious as to where I'd been the last few days!), went home and slept for nearly a day,

Can't be healthy since I dropped 10 pounds in a week.
Original post by XMaramena
Shame you picked The Mechanic dude, once you saw the first 30 minutes, the rest of the film is obvious and boring.

Want to stay up? Come chill with me - I'm like a doctor constantly on 24 hour call with no exceptions - this last week, I started a recording session at 9am and finished at 11pm, got the last train home, slept for 2 hours, then was back in the studio at 4am, until 10pm, went through overnight mixing, until my next session where I was working 15 hours, then I went out to the pub with some mates, came back and did a 24 hour recording session with a 2 hour break, and finished with a 13 hour mastering session. Went home, (surprisingly caught my mum at the train station - she was on the inbound train, I had just got off the outbound train at 8am - who was curious as to where I'd been the last few days!), went home and slept for nearly a day,

Can't be healthy since I dropped 10 pounds in a week.

I don't think I even got to 30 minutes in :s I just remember someone was in their private swimming pool, Jason statham arrives and kills them, then Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Woaaaah:redface:

I had always heard 'horror' stories of being a doctor and having crazy shifts but didn't realise it was that bad :L

How/What/Why is that even possible :s-smilie:
I don't think I even got to 30 minutes in :s I just remember someone was in their private swimming pool, Jason statham arrives and kills them, then Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Woaaaah:redface:

I had always heard 'horror' stories of being a doctor and having crazy shifts but didn't realise it was that bad :L

How/What/Why is that even possible :s-smilie:

Oh I'm not a doctor - my career has NOTHING to do with medicine - that was simply a metaphor.

What I do is run a recording studio, so if a band wants to record at 1am, then I record them at 1am, simple as that.

Generally, recording studios need so much investment in them equipement-wise (a small console like an AWS948 [look it up - see the size and look at the price!] will cost $100,000. that we need to run things 24/7 to make money back.

And my rate of £80-120 an hour seems great, but you need to consider that all the equipment required (and this is regardless of the big mixing board!), starts at about £1,000 and goes up to £30,000, and you could need to buy 3 or 4 pieces of equipment for one job, it really doesn't work out as much as it seems!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by XMaramena
Oh I'm not a doctor - my career has NOTHING to do with medicine - that was simply a metaphor.

What I do is run a recording studio, so if a band wants to record at 1am, then I record them at 1am, simple as that.

Generally, recording studios need so much investment in them equipement-wise (a small console like an AWS948 [look it up - see the size and look at the price!] will cost $100,000. that we need to run things 24/7 to make money back.

And my rate of £80-120 an hour seems great, but you need to consider that all the equipment required (and this is regardless of the big mixing board!), starts at about £1,000 and goes up to £30,000, and you could need to buy 3 or 4 pieces of equipment for one job, it really doesn't work out as much as it seems!

LOOOOOL, I have had very little sleep (ironic eh?) So i apologise for being such a moron :L

LOOOL, 'LIKE a doctor' 'mixing session' 'studio' I think I'm actually retarded

That's some expensive *ss stuff :')
LOOOOOL, I have had very little sleep (ironic eh?) So i apologise for being such a moron :L

LOOOL, 'LIKE a doctor' 'mixing session' 'studio' I think I'm actually retarded

That's some expensive *ss stuff :')

Don't worry dude, I'm reading your reply at like 1 word a second trying to understand it knowing I haven't slept in ages, and that I have a lecture 10am-5pm, then a session 8pm till 9am then another lecture 10am till 1am, then some sleep time until session 10pm till 10am, then lecture 10am till 1pm, then session at 1pm till 3pm then exam at 3pm, then session 9pm till 8am, then lecture 10am to 7pm, then session 10pm to 9am, and I'm finally done for the week.

That's my uni iCal. And it sucks.

I'm trying to work out if ti would be better to go to sleep now and wake up in an hour and a half and try to deal with the "I DON"T WANNA WAKE UP!!!!!!" dilemma, or just stay awake and go down to uni when I'm needed.
(edited 10 years ago)
LOL Ahaha :') good luck?

Never go back to sleep! :') maybe its just me but I'm never able to get back up :L
Reply 28
I'm such a granny... These days I go to bed at 9-9:30 and wake up at 5:30-6. Back when I was at school I was relatively normal: I'd go to bed at 11ish on schoolnights and 1-2ish the rest of the time.
Monday- Thursday I go to 'bed' at like 10 I don't actually sleep until 12
Friday - Sunday I sleep whenever I want to
:smile:
My bedtime is at 8pm :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 31
I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight now that someone has told me I'm selfish for expressing needs, they've confirmed what I thought all along
Reply 32
12am is my bedtime. 4am on weekends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by TSR Mustafa
My bedtime is at 8pm :frown:

Spoiler

OMG how I sometimes get home at 8pm on a week day...?:confused:

I usually go to bed about 2am sometimes 4-5am and I wake up between 6-7 am. I need at least 1 cup of coffee every day to stay alive...:frown:
Occasionally I pull allnighters and go to school, I think the longest I have stayed up is about 49 hours..
Recently I've been going to bed at about 4 or 5am... I then end up sleeping the day away and wake up at about 3pm. My body clock is well and truly ****ed.
Reply 35
I go to bed at 11.30 PM.

It pains me intermittent sleep:frown:
Original post by Lakesx
OMG how I sometimes get home at 8pm on a week day...?:confused:

I usually go to bed about 2am sometimes 4-5am and I wake up between 6-7 am. I need at least 1 cup of coffee every day to stay alive...:frown:
Occasionally I pull allnighters and go to school, I think the longest I have stayed up is about 49 hours..

Was being sarcastic :P

I usually go to bed at 10 , then fall asleep by 11.
During exam times i'm in the library from 9pm-3am. It's the only way I get any work done
Reply 38
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Was being sarcastic :P

I usually go to bed at 10 , then fall asleep by 11.

Haha I guessed as much from the spoiler,:biggrin: but I do not know how people get to sleep before 12am! I would never get my work done...:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending