The Student Room Group

People in your late teens/early 20s, do you think you look like an adult?

As the title asks. I'm just wondering about this.

If you could say your age when you answer, that'd be great :smile:

I'm nearly 20 and I don't really think I do. But what is 'looking adult' exactly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd be happy with some facial hair though don't have any issues with anything else.
No. I'm 23. One of my fourth grade students asked me 'Aren't you too young to be a teacher?'
A young adult, sure. I mean, I'm 19, and I look my age. I get ID'd in all clubs and occasionally in pubs, so I definitely don't look 25 yet. Do I look like I have a mortgage and a car? No, not even slightly, if that's what you mean by adult. :lol:
Reply 4
With my face shaved, I look around 16-18.
When I have my full on beard going (as it is now) I easily look into my early 30's.
#neverbeenaskedforID

:wink:

FYI i'm 19, almost 20.
Reply 5
I have no idea! I don't get ID'd going into clubs as much as I should, but I do get ID'd sometimes... I have no idea D: I've been wondering this! haha. I'm 20!
Reply 6
Absolutely not!! Alas, I fear I will be ID'd until I'm 40, :tongue:...I look about 15-17 if I don't shave, but that's pretty standard when you're 5'7", ahaha!

Last year, when I was working, one of the customers turned to me and asked me why I wasn't in school. I'm in my first year at uni, but this was in my gap year. My A-Levels were finished!! And then around new year, I refused the sale of fireworks to somebody as they couldn't provide relavent, proof of age ID, so in a hissy fit, he turned round and said 'you look 13 anyway'. I'm 19 going on 20. I get ID'd for Coca-cola at the university bar, which I guess is fair enough because of their policy but y'know!! :frown:
Yes. I don't even get IDd. People tell me I look about 25
Last year I was mistaken for a 12 year old. I'm 22...
Nope.
I'm very petite (5'2), plus I have quite a young face. I haven't really changed in size or facially since I was about 14/15...

I am 19 going on 20, yet recently I was told I looked about 12/13, although I would say generally I look about 15/16.
Of course when I'm with friends my age, I fit in with them, but I am sometimes spoken down to when I'm with parents and I am assumed to be younger.

Sometimes it bothers me, but I suppose when I'm older I'll be happy! My parents have always looked far younger than their ages
Reply 10
I still look like a 16 years old :frown:
When I was buying a season ticket for my local rugby club this year, I was asked whether I wanted a junior or a young adult ticket.

Junior would mean I was under 12, young adult would mean under 18. I'm 23, 5'10" with, let's say, "noticeable adult assets".
Reply 12
I'm 19, but I'm petite and 5 foot tall so I think that's the main reason no one thinks I'm that old. If people were to guess then probably 14-16 range
Reply 13
I look young. 3rd year at uni (22) security guy asked which year secondary school I am :smile:
Nope. I'm 21 and I look younger.

At work some of the till staff are under 18 and they can't serve alcohol - so when I'm called to authorise them I can see the judgement in the customers face... Wondering how on earth I can be old enough. I actually got asked the other day if I could serve and the guy was like "You look 16. I don't believe you're 21." Embarrassing... xD
I am nearly 20 and I look about 14. I was declined a lottery ticket the other day as I didn't have my ID. Also, when out with the family the other week my mum parked up and went to get the ticket and said 'if a car place becomes available over there (due to bigger spaces) move the car.' A space did become available and the looks that I got from people by moving from the passengers seat tot the drivers seat and moving the car were unbelievable. One elderly gentleman informed his full family that 'A girl has just moved a car and she is not old enough to drive'- I have held a licence for 2 years!
Reply 16
Yup.

I'm 22 and people always assume i'm older.
Im 23. If I clean shave I look like a 23 year old but with my facial hair I look older.
Reply 18
People usually think I'm older than I am, some even suggesting 30s :lol: I don't think I look like and adult, but obviously some people think I do.
I'm 20 and get ID'ed for scratchcards/ lottery still...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending