The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gravity has evidence, God does not. Therefore gravity is a theory and God is not.
Reply 2
how do you take the theory of gravity on nothing but faith? :shock: when you know for a fact that, e.g. apples fall on the ground and don't just stay in the air or fly away once they are ripe

if you don't like the word gravity, you can call it something else but that force of attraction is still there :tongue:

P.S.
This is not to say I don't believe in God, I do. But your analogy doesn't really make sense to me :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
I believe in gravity because it is the best and most reasonable explanation to certain observable effects. Gravity is simply the name given to a phenomenon which is demonstrable- namely of the attraction between physical bodies. I do not believe in god because there are to my mind better explanations to effects often attributed to god.
Reply 4
Original post by a.gafor
how do you take the theory of gravity on nothing but faith? :shock: when you know for a fact that, e.g. apples fall on the ground and don't just stay in the air or fly away once they are ripe

if you don't like the word gravity, you can call it something else but that force of attraction is still there :tongue:

P.S.
This is not to say I don't believe in God, I do. But your analogy doesn't really make sense to me :confused:

prove that its a force of attraction. theres not a shred of evidence
Reply 5
Original post by MC armani

loool I thought I made it quite clear in my previous post :confused:

Why does an apple fall on the ground? why doesn't it stay hanging if there is no force pulling it towards the ground/earth? or for that matter if for some reason other than gravity it does break, why does the air not take it away and keep it above the ground?

surely you have seen astronauts in space? where there is no gravity and they are free to move around? or are you one of those who think all that is just a gimmick :shock: ?
Reply 6
I don't think you understand how scientific theories work... They aren't just somebody saying "I think this is what this thing is!!!" and then people believing that.

Here's a definition I found that might better explain a SCIENTIFIC theory.

"In science, an explanation or model that covers a substantial group of occurrences in nature and has been confirmed by a substantial number of experiments and observations."
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
If you believe this, you may as well have a bowl of tomato soup.
I don't believe in gravity. :nothing:
If you don't believe in gravity, try walking off a cliff. Just see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Both are imperceptible, both are just theories. But all the people who reject god on the absence of evidence take the theory of gravity on nothing but faith

funny muslim.jpg
Reply 11
Of course I believe in Gravity. What I can't fathom however is how the same gravity that keep trillions of tons of ocean water not spilling out into space doesn't crush us to death :hmmmm:
Original post by 2ndClass
Of course I believe in Gravity. What I can't fathom however is how the same gravity that keep trillions of tons of ocean water not spilling out into space doesn't crush us to death :hmmmm:

It's because gravity is directly proportional to mass. Humans have very little mass so the Earth pulls hard on us, but we barely pull back.*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by majmuh24
It's because gravity is directly proportionate to mass. Humans have very little mass so the Earth pulls hard on us, but we barely pull back.*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, now I understand. Thanks dude.
Both are imperceptible, both are just theories. But all the people who reject god on the absence of evidence take the theory of gravity on nothing but faith

Once again, someone who doesn't know the definition of theory...
Are we seriously comparing gravity to god? Is that the best argument you got?

Wrong, I've seen it with my own eyes. Sandra Bullock was excellent.
Strong trolling
It's true, gravity doesn't exist, it's simply intelligent falling. Full details here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/evangelical-scientists-refute-gravity-with-new-int,1778/

You have just humiliated yourself !!

Latest