Eddiem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,

I'm sure that most of you, like me have your Easter break coming up soon. After coming to Uni in September I find the holidays pretty tough as almost everyday is boring compared to uni. I have a part time job behind a bar and occasionally see mates etc.. but its just not the same which is to be expected in many ways...

What I'm wondering is what you guys do to pass the time during the holidays, obviously some students have most of their time taken up by uni work but for those who don't, what does your average week in the holidays consist of?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know the feeling - I don't really look forward to holidays tbh.

I've done various different things in the holidays - obviously for Christmas and Easter revision and coursework are going to be the big ones, but apart from that I've got a job in my uni town, I've worked in my hometown, I've been away (once abroad, but other times just to visit friends in their hometowns), been visited by friends, done stuff for TSR (like going to Brighton for results day), been to events in my hometown (there are several festivals in the summer, for instance, public lectures etc.) and looked after the elderly relatives.

I still look forward to going back to uni at the end of it all.
Eddiem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
That sounds good, I guess its just a case of busying yourself really so that it minimises the culture shock
Ruffiio
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easter holidays I will have 2, 2500 word essays to do so that will keep me occupied. As for Summer holidays which are really long, I'm waiting till the summer holidays to buy Dark Souls instead of buying it now so it will keep me occupied for longer. Combined with Netflix watching movies and/or watching TV programmes on my laptop such as Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Fringe, Game of Thrones, etc etc. I always say I will do some leisure reading but the likelihood of that happening is low since i would rather play Dark Souls so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (13)
54.17%
No (9)
37.5%
I don't know (2)
8.33%

Watched Threads