?
Report 6 years ago
******ed trendy lefties.
333obi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Someone who can provide a serious response?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends on the context. It could be anything from voting to politically motivated violence.
333obi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Depends on the context. It could be anything from voting to politically motivated violence.
By politically motivated violence do you mean protests? And how important Is the government in political behaviour?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 333obi)
By politically motivated violence do you mean protests? And how important Is the government in political behaviour?
Protests are not necessarily violent, but protest is a form of political behaviour.

Planting bombs can be political behaviour, if the reason you are doing it is to fight for a particular cause e.g. IRA, ETA, Rote Armee Fraktion.

As for how important the government is in political behaviour, that's a question that could fill an academic's entire career. However, it's going to depend on a great many factors, including
- whose political behaviour we're talking about (for the government? against? leaders? general public? states interacting with other states?)
- what type of political behaviour we're talking about (voting? bombing?)
- the government's reaction to the political behaviour e.g. meeting violence with violence tends to cause escalation
It should also be remembered that some political behaviour has naff all to do with the government.

Why do you need / want to know? If you can narrow things down a bit, then I may be able to give you a better answer.
333obi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Protests are not necessarily violent, but protest is a form of political behaviour.

Planting bombs can be political behaviour, if the reason you are doing it is to fight for a particular cause e.g. IRA, ETA, Rote Armee Fraktion.

As for how important the government is in political behaviour, that's a question that could fill an academic's entire career. However, it's going to depend on a great many factors, including
- whose political behaviour we're talking about (for the government? against? leaders? general public? states interacting with other states?)
- what type of political behaviour we're talking about (voting? bombing?)
- the government's reaction to the political behaviour e.g. meeting violence with violence tends to cause escalation
It should also be remembered that some political behaviour has naff all to do with the government.

Why do you need / want to know? If you can narrow things down a bit, then I may be able to give you a better answer.
what i am interested in is why more people are increasingly becoming apathetic to voting and are instead increasingly taking part in different methods of unconventional political participation such as mass demonstrations, road blocks etc.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jesuschristman)
******ed trendy lefties.
******ed trendy righties.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads