purplebricks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi.
I hope I posted in the right place as I'm new. Anyway, I've picked four A-levels but I'm going through a phase of doubt...
For the sixth form I'm going to I picked Biology, Psychology, Philosophy and the new A-level, Creative Writing.
I want to get into a career to do with Criminology or just Psychology in general. If not those two then something in Biology.
I'm mostly unsure about doing Creative Writing. It's just for fun and I didn't want to do Chem or Maths. Should I do Sociology instead? Any advice? Thanks!
Amzzyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think sociology would be a better option than creative writing. If you wanted to do do writing then it would be better to choose English.
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
do english, also why not chem or maths
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you do decide to choose creative writing, then I would strongly recommend that you drop it after AS.

Have you considered doing English Language / Literature instead? They're very respected A Levels, and bear similarities to Creative Writing.
purplebricks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Amzzyy)
I think sociology would be a better option than creative writing. If you wanted to do do writing then it would be better to choose English.
Yeah but I don't really like English language and English lit is a little boring. I'm considering Sociology though.
(Original post by lucas13)
do english, also why not chem or maths
I don't really enjoy Chemistry as much as Biology so there's no point in doing something I don't have much passion for. As for maths, I heard it gets a lot harder and I'm really not up for that.
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
If you do decide to choose creative writing, then I would strongly recommend that you drop it after AS.

Have you considered doing English Language / Literature instead? They're very respected A Levels, and bear similarities to Creative Writing.
I was planning on dropping it anyway as I know it won't get me anywhere... but it seems fun. The thing is that with Creative Writing I have no idea what it's going to be like. It could be completely different to how I'm imagining it.

Thanks for replying though guys.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you had a look at the syllabus for creative writing in detail, and independently of your teachers?

If you find English literature and language boring, then I fear that you'll end up feeling the same about creative writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lucas13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by purplebricks)
Yeah but I don't really like English language and English lit is a little boring. I'm considering Sociology though.

I don't really enjoy Chemistry as much as Biology so there's no point in doing something I don't have much passion for. As for maths, I heard it gets a lot harder and I'm really not up for that.

I was planning on dropping it anyway as I know it won't get me anywhere... but it seems fun. The thing is that with Creative Writing I have no idea what it's going to be like. It could be completely different to how I'm imagining it.

Thanks for replying though guys.
just have a look at university requirements on their websites or on ucas of your not sure, you don't want to limit your options
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads