The Student Room Group

Is it a trend for British men to marry asian women?

I just get to know 3 british guys, all of the married asian women, 2 from philipine and 1 from thailand.

In the conversation one of them said they he's not up for british girls...

why is this happening?
Reply 1
Original post by GnomeMage

why is this happening?

Pure luck of the draw, it's not a phenomena.

All the white british males I know (except my brother in law) married a white girl.
Because they are less attractive than most other women
Reply 3
Original post by Another
Pure luck of the draw, it's not a phenomena.

All the white british males I know (except my brother in law) married a white girl.

and speaking of luck

i have never seen the reverse of asian men coupling up with british women

not even one
Reply 4
and speaking of luck

not even one

Strange, I personally know one couple and know the child of the other (that being said, these are south and not east asian men)

Honestly, if this were true, I wouldn't know why this is [apart from gross sterotyping from either parties]. If anything, I'd say that asian men were pretty darn attractive.
Reply 5
I just get to know 3 british guys, all of the married asian women, 2 from philipine and 1 from thailand.

In the conversation one of them said they he's not up for british girls...

why is this happening?

Answered your own question there. Like anything else, globalisation brings about more competition which can mean a loss of demand for local goods.

But in the defence of Brit girls, Thais and filipinas are far easier.
Reply 6
Not really a trend.

Most people subconsciously want to be with someone of their own culture or one which they perceive to be more powerful. Culture is diluting in immigrants through generations so its not a big deal to be with someone of another culture.
Reply 7
and speaking of luck

not even one

It's not very common...but definitely on the increase! My bf is from Hong Kong (i'm white) and I know a caucasian girl with a chinese husband, and 2 with Korean bfs. Depends where you look I guess xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending