assessment procedures

Watch this thread
howardscorton
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I need to know what assessment procedures are used by various universities for my intended degree (BA History). This information is missing in most prospecti. is the only way to fint it to contact each university individually or is that information available anywhere in one place?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Unistats gives each course's percentage of 'assessment by coursework', but that's the closest you will get to what you want in one place.
xoJessicaAnn
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by howardscorton)
I need to know what assessment procedures are used by various universities for my intended degree (BA History). This information is missing in most prospecti. is the only way to fint it to contact each university individually or is that information available anywhere in one place?
Speaking from personal experience, and this is only personal to the University of Leeds History BA, we get assessed:

30% one 2,000 word essay
10% presentation or short weekly posts on your topic or source commentary
60% final exam

Per module.
returnmigrant
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Universities will all be different on this - and also different units within each course will be assessed differently.

Why are you so concerned?
jelly1000
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by howardscorton)
You'd probably need to contact each university, it varies by module though but at my university you can expect at least two the below per module
-Presentation
-Source analysis
-Essay (1,800 being the smallest in first year going up to 3,000-.4000 in final year)
-Seminar contribution
gustavus
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
In my experience - it often changes year to year and how far you're through the degree! It also changes over time.

Also I would look at whether the degree uses peer marking - essentially where a proportion of the modules' mark is by group work and your other group members mark you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
67.76%
No (38)
20.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (21)
11.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed