Travelling in North America for a month

Watch
eaden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Has anyone travelling in North America at all? I am going in June till September this summer and I would appreciate some advice on how to get about relatively cheaply.

I have booked return flights to Newark as I am teaching at a summer camp in Pennsylvania until mid august BUT I want to go and explore some of America before I head back.

Any ideas what the cheapest form of travel might be if i get to texas for example and need to head back to Newark?

Also has anyone spent a month travelling in N america before? any recommendations on places to visit/how to get to those places?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
smudge_moon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eaden)
Has anyone travelling in North America at all? I am going in June till September this summer and I would appreciate some advice on how to get about relatively cheaply.

I have booked return flights to Newark as I am teaching at a summer camp in Pennsylvania until mid august BUT I want to go and explore some of America before I head back.

Any ideas what the cheapest form of travel might be if i get to texas for example and need to head back to Newark?

Also has anyone spent a month travelling in N america before? any recommendations on places to visit/how to get to those places?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Hello! I'm also going to America this summer to teach in PA!! Try looking on STA! They have really cheap flights otherwise greyhound is your best, long long friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Airfairy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Will be watching this thread. I'm going in June too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
iloveusernames
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes I travelled USA for 7 weeks which you can read my q&a thread about it here. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2517808

the cheapest form of travelling is definitely coach. Greyhound is a go-to coach service but shop around as it's not always the cheapest.

in terms of places to go in depends on what you like. Music, shopping, beaches, history, partying etc?

any more questions just ask.
username1221364
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eaden)

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Hello. I'm American, so maybe I can help some. As someone else said, greyhound works well. The train system here is called Amtrak, but it isn't all over like it is in the UK.

Any idea where you'd like to go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
emmaxoxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is the cheapest then the best or most convenience. If you want to go directly from Newark to Texas, I suggest flying quickest and easiest way. Where in Texas do you wanna to Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio, Austin, Houston??

Check out airlines such as Jetblue and Southwest
Limpopo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Most of my travelling in the USA has been by road and a little bit of train. Maybe an option would be to buy a cheap car when your there? The driving is easy and fuel is cheap. Other than that,,greyhound,train if its available (not much in USA), or cheap flights if you can get them. The US is a great country. So much diverse from town to town,city to city,state to state, The people are great to chat to and generally very conservative and friendly...have a great time.Wish i was coming too..
czechmishaout
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I returned from a road trip through California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada a few weeks ago. We rented a car and it was cheap for us - however, it would be more expensive if you're under 25. If there is more of you, it might be worth to look into. We never bothered booking hotels, just drove up to a closest motel at 10 pm and got a room, but again, that's if you're traveling by car.
Also, AirTran, JetBlue, Southwest, Allegiant Air are pretty cheap. Unfortunately, the US is not cool enough to have a low-low-low-cost like RyanAir.
mohammadkaisar21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Following are the best tourist attractions in North America
1. Cape Cod, Massachusetts, United States
2. Washington, DC, United States
3. Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
4. Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
5. Lassen Volcanic National Park, California, United States
6. Walt Disney World, Florida, United States
7. Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
8. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads