How to get an A* in OCR Religious studies? (Philosophy and Ethics) Watch

JakeTruro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
To get an A* in OCR's Religious Studies do you need 90% at AS and then 90% at A2, i.e. You get 100% AS ethics, 80% AS Philosophy. 100% A2 Ethics, 80% A2 Philosophy = overall A*
or.....
Do you need to get 90% AS Philosophy, 90% AS Ethics, 90% A2 Philosophy, 90% A2 Ethics?
Sorry if this is confusing, really need to know ASAP.
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
chowkat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JakeTruro)
To get an A* in OCR's Religious Studies do you need 90% at AS and then 90% at A2, i.e. You get 100% AS ethics, 80% AS Philosophy. 100% A2 Ethics, 80% A2 Philosophy = overall A*
or.....
Do you need to get 90% AS Philosophy, 90% AS Ethics, 90% A2 Philosophy, 90% A2 Ethics?
Sorry if this is confusing, really need to know ASAP.
like all other subjects, you need an average of 80 UMS for AS and average of 90 UMS to get A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Add!ction
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to get 90% in all AS units but at A2 you just need to make up the UMS marks, you need 180/200 from any combination.
dandelion-field
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Add!ction)
You need to get 90% in all AS units but at A2 you just need to make up the UMS marks, you need 180/200 from any combination.
Hello, do you know what is the minimum raw mark needed (out of 70) to score 100 ums in the philosophy of religion and ethics modules? Thanks.
Add!ction
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dandelion-field)
Hello, do you know what is the minimum raw mark needed (out of 70) to score 100 ums in the philosophy of religion and ethics modules? Thanks.
You will need to get 70/70 which will be very hard indeed.
RemusSnupin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dandelion-field)
Hey, I got 100% UMS in both last year. I lost three marks in philosophy and I think six in ethics. They seem to bump up the marks for the UMS quite a bit. I actually found it pretty confusing that I got so high a UMS when I lost so many marks. Good Luck
dandelion-field
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RemusSnupin)
Hey, I got 100% UMS in both last year. I lost three marks in philosophy and I think six in ethics. They seem to bump up the marks for the UMS quite a bit. I actually found it pretty confusing that I got so high a UMS when I lost so many marks. Good Luck
Wow congrats and thanks! That's achievable to me now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads