The Student Room Group

Best uni for graphic design?

Out of all my offers for graphic design starting this september, I know which ones are my top 3 (London College of Communication, Northumbria, and Manchester Met) BUT I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH ONE IS OVERALL THE BEST! someone help - any experiences on the courses/advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks
Reply 1
This website should give you a better idea - http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

You can compare the three courses, based on feedback from actual students. Although I wasn't able to check LCC, Manchester Met has much better feedback than Northumbria for Graphic Design and in truth Northumbria is rated quite poorly:

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 11.25.52.png

That is based on student satisfaction of both courses so don't be entirely put off by this - you might have a completely different experience but it makes comparing courses easier.

I'm going to be studying Graphics in September too and considered Manchester Met anyway and personally between those two I'd go for Manchester Met. Reading through what the course consists of, it does seem a lot more interesting (this is just my opinion, though). I don't know much about LCC but having a look through the course does look good here too and I wouldn't rule it out.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea, at the end of the day neither of those Universities will be a "bad" choice as such and I'm sure you'll enjoy the course at either.

Quick Reply

Latest