traintracks1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Who's tried these? In an empty car park / track not street obviously. And can they still be done with electronic handbrake?
Camoxide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They sometimes lock all the wheels on cars with electric handbrakes so it's probably not possible/ worth it. Or they wont lock the wheels if the car is moving because of the ABS.

Electric handbrakes are the devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwkbSZlcxkw
MrWhosane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can actually do these manoeuvres in electric brake cars. Well in the Astra & Insignia you can anyway. Just keep the brake pulled whilst wheel turned and driving and you'll see. Done it in an enterprise insignia in a car park lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
IntriguedUser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Done a few of em actually, in fact I done one in the middle of a busy street, otherwise I would have been sandwiched so I needed to changed the angle of my car to get through the gap
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I like doing this on icy roads.

A bit tough on e-brakes though as the amount of time it takes for the system isn't as instantaneous as a regular mechanical hand-brake.

Not tried it on the Tesla as supposedly when you do it the traction control will correct, also don't want to ruin the tyres as it is a special order tyres.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.9%
No (507)
66.1%

Watched Threads