The Student Room Group

Horrendous history department...

Hi, I'm here to ask whether my history mock will count for anything? (Should I have extenuating circumstances in the summer.) My history department is horrendous, I got 43/60 and they gave me a grade B. In other classes, someone got the same mark and got an A* so, if I'm ill in the summer, do the exam board take the mock exam paper? This accounts for any subject but this is just my example.

Kind regards,
Ben
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hi, I'm here to ask whether my history mock will count for anything? (Should I have extenuating circumstances in the summer.) My history department is horrendous, I got 43/60 and they gave me a grade B. In other classes, someone got the same mark and got an A* so, if I'm ill in the summer, do the exam board take the mock exam paper? This accounts for any subject but this is just my example.

Kind regards,
Ben

Your mock counts for nothing officially. If you are ill, the exam board would ask your teachers what mark they think you would have obtained. This may be influenced by your mock.

However, whilst I don't know your exact situation, are you sure you're looking at the whole story? Are you sure the grade was only based on that single paper? Because I find it hard to believe that a teacher would purposely give two people different grades for the same mark. Maybe the grade was a predicted grade from a wider variety of assessments?

Quick Reply

Latest