Farah_786
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Jan 2009: Discuss one or more explanations of attachments, such as learning theory and Bowlby’s theory
Jun 2009: Discuss effects of anxiety on EWT
Jan 2010: Outline and evaluate research into privation
Jun 2010: Outline and evaluate research into the effects of institutionalisation
Jan 2011: Outline and evaluate the WMM
Jun 2011: Discuss effects of age on EWT + 8 mark on learning theory
12 mark questions that have never appeared:
Outline and evaluate MSM
Effects of misleading information
Cognitive interview
Strategies for memory improvement. Unlikely as a 12 mark, but appears on every single paper as 4, 5 or 6 marks
Disruption of attachment
Cultural variations in attachment
Factors affecting types of attachment/anything to do with Ainsworth’s study, e.g., sensitivity, temperament
Effects of day care, e.g., aggression and peer relations
Implications of research for childcare practices
PSYA2 12 mark questions
Jan 2009: Biological approach to abnormality
June 2009: Explanations of why people obey + 10 mark on biological methods of stress management (BZ&BB)
Jan 2010: Definitions of abnormality
Jun 2010: Immune system and stress related illness + 8 mark on explanations of conformity
Jan 2011: Psychodynamic approach to abnormality + 8 mark on independent behaviour
Jun 2011: Independent behaviour + 8 mark on biological approach to abnormality (again)
Jan 12 Stess management 12
Jun 12 life changes 8 conformity 12
Jan 13 conformity 8 behavioural app 12
Workplace stress
Personality factors including Type A and hardiness
CBT for treating stress (Stress Inoculation therapy)
Discuss research on obedience
Implications for social change has appeared on all papers but never as 12 marks (4,6,8,10) so beware. They like social change because only students who can apply what they’ve learned through the unit will get the marks
Biological treatments for abnormality – ECT/drugs
Psychological treatments for abnormality – CBT/psychodynamic therapy/systematic desensitization
Behaviourist approach to abnormality
Cognitive approach to abnormality
DON’T LEAVE ANYTHING TO CHANCE BASED ON PAST QUESTIONS. REVISE THOROUGHLY AND GO INTO THE EXAM KNOWING YOU CAN FACE ANYTHING
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (72)
53.33%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.41%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.37%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (34)
25.19%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (5)
3.7%

Watched Threads